Documentary Celebrating 30 Years Of The Mosconi Cup To Air On Sky Sports

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
The 30-minute feature, airing at 7pm GMT on Tuesday 28th November on Sky Sports Arena in the United Kingdom and Ireland, DAZN in the United States and various other broadcasters around the world, includes exclusive interviews with Earl Strickland, Steve Davis and Matchroom Sport President Barry Hearn, who founded the trans-atlantic spectacle in 1994.

Go to post

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
I sure hope Earl's answers are better than the reply's he gives on the Earl Strickland Official youtube channel... yikes... guess I'll have to watch and find out...

Thanks for the heads up.

Matt_H

Well that served as nothing more than a thirty minute commercial for this year's Mosconi. Slightly disapointed.

My first Mosconi experience was the White/Higgins doubles match with Sid Waddell's genius commentary, which would've been around 1996/7 (there was some footage of those first few events that brought back fantastic memories as that was my first exposure to televised 9 ball other than The Colour Of Money movie). Steve Davis (my boyhood idol and absolute legend), Barry Hearn and Earl feature heavily. But, one can only imagine how good this COULD have been if it had been given the '30 for 30' treatment and a 90 minute run time.