2024 JOY Heyball payouts..............

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
He's a college math professor, believe it or not. With that type of position, he should be more careful with his postings. Could still be trolling from his mom's basement, though.

I am a billiard researcher, I had the pool cue in my hand first.

In high school I walked into Blatt Billiards before any college visits. I planned turning 21 to get into a bar and play pool before I planned out my college admissions application. The day I went to the bar no one in my family knew. Once they say the pool case, they started to get nervous.

Now that wifi and digital technology is portable I have to worry about IP tracking and removing my user data from servers.

Mom's basement is always the forward operating base, I prefer satellite locations, camping is not always good.

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Might be hard but is very boring/one dimensional to me. The tiny pockets preclude much if any cb movement so it becomes a game of cinch pool. I've tried watching it and never get further than about 15min.
I watch alot of it, and some of these guys run out like they are on a Valley. Ther patterns and position play are awesome.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watch alot of it, and some of these guys run out like they are on a Valley. Ther patterns and position play are awesome.
I get it, some like it. I'd rather mow the yard. To me its a 'cinch-pool' game with no flow or excitement. No doubt it takes super shooting ability but it just doesn't do anything for me. The goofy time limited matches make it even worse.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Emily triggered the WPA, that is why Emily gets full support from me.
Funny that you mentioned the word "triggered". Maybe you do not realize it but it seems you trigger pretty much everyone on these boards. I guess you and Emily have something in common. Long live the orange 5!!!!!

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

if you have any suggestions on fast paced matches/players, i'm interested. i only watch melling and he doesn't seem to play all that much?

justnum

Silver Member
Funny that you mentioned the word "triggered". Maybe you do not realize it but it seems you trigger pretty much everyone on these boards. I guess you and Emily have something in common. Long live the orange 5!!!!!
When I get the ban warning I stop.

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if you have any suggestions on fast paced matches/players, i'm interested. i only watch melling and he doesn't seem to play all that much?

Well, if they are playing a race to 17 or 19, then the match is going to last 3 1/2 to 4 hrs. But they play with a shot clock, and the games rarely go more than 2 innings, most of them are 1 inning (for the top guys). Chek out any match with one of the top guys - Zheng Yubo, Chu Bingjie, Yang Fan, Zhao Ruliang, Zhang Kunpeng.
I honestly don't know why Filler doesn't play is a couple of their big tourneys, the money is so good. They would give him a free entry and lodgings, too.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, if they are playing a race to 17 or 19, then the match is going to last 3 1/2 to 4 hrs. But they play with a shot clock, and the games rarely go more than 2 innings, most of them are 1 inning (for the top guys). Chek out any match with one of the top guys - Zheng Yubo, Chu Bingjie, Yang Fan, Zhao Ruliang, Zhang Kunpeng.
I honestly don't know why Filler doesn't play is a couple of their big tourneys, the money is so good. They would give him a free entry and lodgings, too.

yang fan is aggressive and fairly quick paced. i will check ruliang and kunpeng. but when potts beat melling in the finals ten years ago it didn't take long at all, like 15 seconds/shot or thereabouts. i can watch a match like that.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From purely a US player perspective no player under say, 650Fargo should even be on these tables. If these were in a normal US poolroom no one would use them. I get the precision required but the style of play is very regimented and to me not fun to watch. I much prefer 9-10b where a player can let his stroke out more with bigger CB movement. Heyball is just not my thing. Glad they're paying big bux tho(payout is way too top-heavy).

justnum

Silver Member
Instead if yelling yea nineball

Hey ball sounds appropriate for missing and making.

Heyyyy Ball

Then hay bell

Its a great way to introduce asian pho-netics. At least a sound base for language newbs.

Heyball is perfect for introducing Asian sports that are not combat based.

Its accounting based. Haha.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Heyball is unwatchable. I'm glad for those able to make a nice income from it, but I won't watch it even if the winner gets $5,000,000. Boring is boring.

Flakeandrun

Heyball is unwatchable. I'm glad for those able to make a nice income from it, but I won't watch it even if the winner gets $5,000,000. Boring is boring.
Quite enjoy watching it myself, but will agree watching two no names (or even half-names) slug it out really is a drag (much in the same way US open was)

justnum

Silver Member
China needs hot young superstars.
One male and one female star.

This way all Asian people will have an idol (think about someone in a private corner) and eventually produce babies for the Asian economy.

If Heyball investment impacts even 0.01% of the entire Asian population, it is still enough to sustain a growth trend in the youth.

Heyball needs a movie, something where China wins against the world.

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yang fan is aggressive and fairly quick paced. i will check ruliang and kunpeng. but when potts beat melling in the finals ten years ago it didn't take long at all, like 15 seconds/shot or thereabouts. i can watch a match like that.
There's a match on Thomas Heal's Youtube channel from 2019 where Jayson Shaw plays Zheng Yubo. Race to 33. Shaw had a table in his house and practiced on it for quite a while before going over there. Got beat 33-14. I know the cloth is different than American pool, equipment is different, but you can't say that Shaw doesn't know 8 ball. Zheng was simply a little bit better than Shaw at practically every part of the game.Melling did well over there 10 years ago mainly because he knows 8 ball so well (and he's a great player).
I know Yang Fan came over to Europe pre-covid and played in a 9 ball tournament. Everybody who saw him playing before the tournament started were amazed and were picking him to finish high, but he didn't know 9 ball, and especially the safety game, so he didn't do particularly well

Flakeandrun

There's a match on Thomas Heal's Youtube channel from 2019 where Jayson Shaw plays Zheng Yubo. Race to 33. Shaw had a table in his house and practiced on it for quite a while before going over there. Got beat 33-14. I know the cloth is different than American pool, equipment is different, but you can't say that Shaw doesn't know 8 ball. Zheng was simply a little bit better than Shaw at practically every part of the game.Melling did well over there 10 years ago mainly because he knows 8 ball so well (and he's a great player).
I know Yang Fan came over to Europe pre-covid and played in a 9 ball tournament. Everybody who saw him playing before the tournament started were amazed and were picking him to finish high, but he didn't know 9 ball, and especially the safety game, so he didn't do particularly well
I’ve often found this here in Shanghai. I’ve been smashed at 9-ball by players who have chosen to dedicate themselves to the American table. Then flattened them at 8-ball. It’s also gone the other way, where I beat a good friend at 10-ball by a big margin, but was nowhere close on the green baize playing 8-ball.
Naturally there are players skilled enough at all pursuits, but time and effort placed into the relevant game is essential. I made a thread previously after a tournament where I beat a player who was ranked world top 50, pre-covid, at 9-ball… but he had dedicated himself to domestic Chinese 8-tournaments since (and was visibly under the weather). It’s what patterns are fresh in your head. I’ll never beat anyone better. Especially while playing multiple disciplines, on multiple tables (snooker, Chinese-8, American games… can’t find anyone to play one-pocket with)