Best table...

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diamond tables might be assembled in the US, where are the parts really made, like the particleboard rails and the slate?
WTF???? Rails are laminated butcher-block style from hardwood. Way stronger than single piece. Where do people hear this shit. They import the slate and build the rest in-house.

TrxR

WTF???? Rails are laminated butcher-block style from hardwood. Way stronger than single piece. Where do people hear this shit. They import the slate and build the rest in-house.
There Is another guy here saying they are full of particleboard and are junk.

Cue Stick

I'm gonna replace my cheaper 8ft table with another table now that I'm getting back into the sport after a 30 year haitius. Im pretty much set on a 9ft table. It will have to be 3 piece due to my basement has a set of stairs and a corner.

If you had a choice of new table what specific table model, pocket size, specific cloth and any other specifics what would you get or advice you'd have

I'm in Atlanta Georgia is that helps.
Does anybody still make a one-piece slate?

Mr. Joshua

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I think of the GC as a large step down from what Brunswick had done before. The original GC design was lousy. One the other hand, it was relatively solid construction and dominated the commercial market for decades. Many players became attached to their GCs in spite of the glaring issues.
I like the older Brunswick Anniversary and Centennial tables, too, if they're not newer than what you're referencing, but I think the Gold Crown IV looks and plays good. A picture may help this thread.

IMG_3951 (1).jpg

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The rails aren't Particle board . Where are you getting that? They do make a PRC rail option but that's not particle board. If I remember right there is like 2 pieces of something other than solid wood or plywood in a Pro-Am and they are structural and that in the Gulley. The slate is Brazilian I believe and they are American made otherwise.

Show me your proof otherwise?
PRC is a near indestructible polymer laminate glued over the wood base. Vid on it:
I've seen tables in rooms /bars that were over 5yrs old with basically no marks on the rails. Its tough stuff.

dd1228

Registered
I love the reply that said Diamonds are ugly, cause I sure agree ! I'm a Brunswick fan from way back to the earlies 60's . Actually thats when the Gold Crown first came out. So that sure would be my choice.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol 50 years on this earth and some things never change. When to many people like something then people have to start hating on it. Diamond makes the best playing 7ft table period. I love the looks. The tables play to the Diamond systems I’ve always used and it’s a solid piece of furniture that will last. Add the leveling system for the table and slate that’s ingenious and no one else uses and I’m very happy with mine and still my favorite thing I’ve ever bought. Nothing compares.
As far as 9 ft if I didn’t care about money I’m buying a diamond but if I’m trying to save money you can buy a gold crown in my area in great condition for less then 2k. Over 2k and it better be perfect and you’ll be completely happy. They play great and will last forever.

Badpenguin

Call a few guys that move Pool tables. They take them apart and put them back together so they know how they are built and the material they are built with. I know a man that does that and he told me Diamond tables are junk. Built with particle board. I just saw a beautiful 9' Gold Crown on FB Market place for $3,000 Delivered and assembled with new cloth the color you choose.
I have owned 2, neither had any particleboard whatsoever. Don't have to ask any mover, I moved one of them several times myself, the other I watched Diamond install it.

Enough of the trolling bud.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's a couple of good videos of the construction of the Diamond tables. The box of the pro-am looks like 2 layers od 3/4 or 1 inch plywood. Don't see any particleboard on either.

The box of the ProAm is multiple plies much like marine-grade plywood. super strong.

John oleson

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm gonna replace my cheaper 8ft table with another table now that I'm getting back into the sport after a 30 year haitius. Im pretty much set on a 9ft table. It will have to be 3 piece due to my basement has a set of stairs and a corner.

If you had a choice of new table what specific table model, pocket size, specific cloth and any other specifics what would you get or advice you'd have

I'm in Atlanta Georgia is that helps.
What is your budget?

Mr. Joshua

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
The GC4 had some improvements over the GC3. What do you see as the major issues with the GC3?
There's nothing wrong with a nice III. I like the modest improvements of the IV, but I also like Formica rails, so you can't go by me. It's too bad Brunswick pulled out of tournaments, but Diamond filled the gap with a great product.

TrxR

Didn't Some of the late 3 's and early 4's have a problem with sagging on the ends? I know it's a simple fix if it's tore down.