My 1 day expo review

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I only went for thursday this year. I can’t get off work for the weekend but since getting back into the game seriously a year a go I was itching to Go. I believe the last time I was there was the year before the pandemic.

vendors. A lot of vendors compared to the last time I was there. I really feel the game is on the up swing and it felt like it. I didn’t buy a lot. I was going to buy a few shirts but how many pool shirts can I wear lol that being said I left money there for sure. I bought a piece of the predator chalk to try. I got a new tip shaper .. I’ve been using the same one for 25 years... oh and I bought the bk rush and air rush so there went $1500 😂 I won’t be happy with that credit card bill when it shows up. I only saw 3 vendors that had it and they all only had a couple.

The table set up has changed and honestly I liked it. I watched some friends play and it was well organized and made sense when looking for tables.

The gambling room I glanced in but it’s just not my scene. Hate on me if you want but I can’t stand that part of the game.. bunch of people acting like big shots who mostly will be getting back in there 92 Corolla to go back to their parents basement just arguing and bickering over spots. Im kind of kidding and if you like it thats cool. I’m sure they all had a good time . On a side not don’t bother ripping me in the comments … I’m 52 and I don’t give a shit what your opinion of me not gambling is 😂

I was able to jump on a table for a few minutes early in the morning and was reminded your diamond at home doesn’t play like these. With new cloth and balls it’s like playing on ice. skidding and sliding everywhere lol a challenge for sure if playing in the tournament,.

food was over prized trash as usual. Except for the couple bottles of water I bought I didn’t give them any money lol

finaly saw the predator tables. They bar box tables look cheap to me. I can’t believe they want $500 more for that than a diamond. That’s insane. the Rassons looked better in person then on tv. Still wouldn’t buy one. If I wasn’t buying a diamond I would get an older gold crown but thats just me.

Pro room.. it was set up right. I wish there was more bleachers . it’s going to be a lot of people standing today and tomorrow when it’s busy. My only gripe was up state Al’s booth. I was in watching a friend compete and he was at the last table by the booth. The got kind of loud in the booth when they got excited but that wasn’t that big a deal. What was crappy to me was a cell phone rang in The booth. Now things happen .. people forget to turn them off But a minute later it rang again! Then a couple mins late the same phone rang AGAIN! Then someone came out of the booth loudly talking to everyone right after. I recognized his voice from listening to his streams but can’t remember the name. come on man you guys know better and should be better. I know I’m going to get well it’s loud in bars but It being loud at a bar and being in silence and suddenly a loud voice or phone rings when your down shooting a ball is different. I know al will most likely see this at some point and call me every name in the book but I don’t care. I’m not surprised by some dip shit in the stands having their phone ring But not him and his crue. Those guys love the game and I just don’t expect them too disrespect the players like that.

All in all had a good time. Wish I could have been there longer and got to play.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice to hear. It has seemed like pool has been a bit on the upswing lately, just locally been seeing new and younger players around and it’s been really great to see. Glad to hear it seems to be reflected there as well.

Oh, and you’ll forget about that bill soon enough I’m sure. I pulled the trigger back in December on the BK Rush/Air Rush combo and no regrets.

CaptainBly

Registered
I drove down on Monday and was there until Sunday. Had to start tap singles at 8 am Tuesday morning. Played well and lost in the second round of the Platinum A bracket. Tuesday sucked, they closed the doors to the rest of the venue. Fine, they are still building the rest of the space. The problem for all of us stuck there from 8am on, was that there was no food or beverage, even the vending machines were off! Tap never said anything to anybody about this, this is the first year we started on Tuesday. I brought a cooler in my truck and had snacks so I was ok. I saw and heard a lot of complaints from players who did not have that option. The fact that they are charging to practice on open tables is a joke. For all we pay to be there and then get hounded to pay every time you manage to get on an open table for 5 minutes, just comes across as petty. After that the Tap side was fine the rest of the week.

For the warm up and the open, I hated the layout this year. I had to play in the arenas next to the desk both day's. They had no tables or chairs for the tables along the wall. So we had to stand during the matches. Probably just an oversite but still sucked. There is enough standing and walking at this event without being forced to do it during your match. I thought they did a great job with the brackets this year. Seemed to be getting them out quicker and closer to the times they stated. Also they had them online this year, so no need to keep walking up to the desk.

This seemed like the biggest year for vendors. Lots of variety, although no deals to speak of. It was nice to see some other booths than just cue booths. Pro's were out in abundance, interacting with the fans and attendees. I did not buy a cue this year, but did get some wood for a cue I am building, so that was a bonus! Food, luckily I avoided that trash all week. We door dashed a couple of the day's and others I just ate out of the cooler. Some of the worst concession food around, and overpriced, but they have you captured.

PARKING, WTF. This was the worst I have ever seen! The problem just kept getting worse and worse as the week went on. I had to play early everyday so I always had a good spot unless I left for lunch or dinner, then I would have to park a long way away. Probably a combination of higher attendance and the campers taking up half the spots. People were forced to park on the islands, besides them, in fire lanes and other shitty spots. They really need to ban the campers from the primary lots. They should all be across the street at the far corner of Arnolds and Fedex. It would create a temp campground and probably a fun atmosphere and free up parking so people aren't getting tickets and towed.

While I love this week and being around Pool non stop, it is a grind. I played 8-ball singles and was on 2 teams. Played the warm up and the open as well. To many nights of playing until 2 or 3 am with a return for 8 am matches for me. By Sunday I am wore out and my back, hips and knees are killing me, then add in a drive back to Massachusetts. It's a lot!

If you love pool, its a fun experience, but does have some negatives.

Murray Tucker

Just a Padawan
Silver Member
Nice to hear. It has seemed like pool has been a bit on the upswing lately, just locally been seeing new and younger players around and it’s been really great to see. Glad to hear it seems to be reflected there as well.

Oh, and you’ll forget about that bill soon enough I’m sure. I pulled the trigger back in December on the BK Rush/Air Rush combo and no regrets.
The caliber of young players was unbelievable. I don't recall every seeing kids play as well as these before, especially the young ladies. I think having Savannah in the Cue and Case booth and Noelle in the Pechauer booth was cool because lots of younger kids got to play challenge matches with them.

camaro69926

Registered
For the warm up and the open, I hated the layout this year. I had to play in the arenas next to the desk both day's. They had no tables or chairs for the tables along the wall. So we had to stand during the matches. Probably just an oversite but still sucked. There is enough standing and walking at this event without being forced to do it during your match. I thought they did a great job with the brackets this year. Seemed to be getting them out quicker and closer to the times they stated. Also they had them online this year, so no need to keep walking up to the desk.
Also playing along the wall. The players had no place to put their equipment. A lot of player leaned their pool cues on the fence. When somebody 3 or 4 tables away would move the fence everybody's pool cues would hit the floor.

CaptainBly

Registered
Also playing along the wall. The players had no place to put their equipment. A lot of player leaned their pool cues on the fence. When somebody 3 or 4 tables away would move the fence everybody's pool cues would hit the floor.
So true! Saw it happen multiple times this week.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I drove down on Monday and was there until Sunday. Had to start tap singles at 8 am Tuesday morning. Played well and lost in the second round of the Platinum A bracket. Tuesday sucked, they closed the doors to the rest of the venue. Fine, they are still building the rest of the space. The problem for all of us stuck there from 8am on, was that there was no food or beverage, even the vending machines were off! Tap never said anything to anybody about this, this is the first year we started on Tuesday. I brought a cooler in my truck and had snacks so I was ok. I saw and heard a lot of complaints from players who did not have that option. The fact that they are charging to practice on open tables is a joke. For all we pay to be there and then get hounded to pay every time you manage to get on an open table for 5 minutes, just comes across as petty. After that the Tap side was fine the rest of the week.

This seemed like the biggest year for vendors. Lots of variety, although no deals to speak of. It was nice to see some other booths than just cue booths. Pro's were out in abundance, interacting with the fans and attendees. I did not buy a cue this year, but did get some wood for a cue I am building, so that was a bonus! Food, luckily I avoided that trash all week. We door dashed a couple of the day's and others I just ate out of the cooler. Some of the worst concession food around, and overpriced, but they have you captured.

PARKING, WTF. This was the worst I have ever seen! The problem just kept getting worse and worse as the week went on. I had to play early everyday so I always had a good spot unless I left for lunch or dinner, then I would have to park a long way away. Probably a combination of higher attendance and the campers taking up half the spots. People were forced to park on the islands, besides them, in fire lanes and other shitty spots. They really need to ban the campers from the primary lots. They should all be across the street at the far corner of Arnolds and Fedex. It would create a temp campground and probably a fun atmosphere and free up parking so people aren't getting tickets and towed.

While I love this week and being around Pool non stop, it is a grind. I played 8-ball singles and was on 2 teams. Played the warm up and the open as well. To many nights of playing until 2 or 3 am with a return for 8 am matches for me. By Sunday I am wore out and my back, hips and knees are killing me, then add in a drive back to Massachusetts. It's a lot!

Parking is always a bear on Friday and Saturday but this year did seem to be a bit extra. Reading your comments about the RVs, its so simple I can't believe no one has thought of it. Consolidate the RVs in the back or side lots. It gives the campers a sense of community too instead of being spread in with people coming and going at all hours.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

concessions always terrible. I try to not eat there. There are a couple places close by to walk.
As far as parking I feel that’s an issue at an even this size but they did say they are going to have a plan for next year and the campers won’t be allowed to park up front taking up all those spaces.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Parking is always a bear on Friday and Saturday but this year did seem to be a bit extra. Reading your comments about the RVs, it’s so simple I can't believe no one has thought of it. Consolidate the RVs in the back or side lots. It gives the campers a sense of community too instead of being spread in with people coming and going at all hours.
They are next year apparently.. your right it should have been done long a go.

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
Parking is always a bear on Friday and Saturday but this year did seem to be a bit extra. Reading your comments about the RVs, its so simple I can't believe no one has thought of it. Consolidate the RVs in the back or side lots. It gives the campers a sense of community too instead of being spread in with people coming
They do need to do something with all those campers. Don`t get me wrong, I`m all for people bringing them to stay in, but they need to be kept in 1 particular area, not everywhere. Just my 0.2 cents worth

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Except no pictures.

We have camera phones and they can easily take pictures and videos and upload them to AZB right away.
I took a couple of the cues of the year.. I’ll post them tomorrow. I have to minimize them of course. Also took some pics of a friend in the pro arena but I was just more into the moment then worrying about taking pics. Sorry.

Murray Tucker

Just a Padawan
Silver Member
Todd Carpenter and some nobody.
e22c25dcd50aecd6ebe92a57b003a272.jpg

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
They do need to do something with all those campers. Don`t get me wrong, I`m all for people bringing them to stay in, but they need to be kept in 1 particular area, not everywhere. Just my 0.2 cents worth
Trust me, if I had one I'd do the same exact thing. After spending 11 hours there on your feet, the last thing you want to do is walk all the way to your car, drive the 15 minutes down to King of Prussia and then hoof it to your hotel room.