Please refund the money you owe!!

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still not clear the OP even actually sent said jewelry in the fist place, really danced around that part of it, but in the long run totally agree with the above.

Post one states the jewelry was made and delivered in time. It also states the jewelry was made in lieu of money for the addition of the "cap" for the extension. So, it seems it paid for the stick and used the jewelry as partial payment of the JP's.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
If you're curious to see the extent of the customization ordered by Mr. Roy, the attached pictures are the cue as it was originally built. The last picture is with the changes.

Much better before the extra work

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
I don't understand why people that have these issues don't just go show up at the guy's house with a coupla buddies and politely "ask" where his merchandise or his money is. If you got ripped off, put this dude on blast, picket outside his place of business...poop in his cheerios...just seems whining on a forum is less productive than some believe.

You might think it's unproductive, but it clearly produced two things to me.

1) What kind of buyer Ole Roy is, which may affect any of the readers here wanting to do business with him in the near or far future.

2) The moral character of the seller, which will also affect his future business for many on here, as you can see we've already lost some of his talents, no longer accepting orders.

Dare I say, counterproductive?? :confused:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I don't understand why people that have these issues don't just go show up at the guy's house with a coupla buddies and politely "ask" where his merchandise or his money is. If you got ripped off, put this dude on blast, picket outside his place of business...poop in his cheerios...just seems whining on a forum is less productive than some believe.

I did just that to a cue maker in CA that passed away a few years ago. Pretty big name, so I'm sure most folks know him. I send him a cue to refinish and never saw the cue again.

he said he moved shops, and he was now in Bakersfield if I remember correctly. This happened about 15 years ago.

I told him, fine you lost the cue or it was stolen, you know what the cue looked like, he made it before... but it was a 30 year old cue. I just said make another one.... I don't mind having a new cue that looks like my old cue, I wanted it refinished anyways... so now I'll get a brand new cue.

Nothing. would not return phone calls or emails, etc. For 6 months this went on. I got his new address, and I left a message that I was buying a plane tix for next week. If I didn't hear from by then, he can explain to me, in person, where my old cue is, or what is the status on my new cue. No threats, but when I came for the cue he better have $300 cash for my tix refund as well.

I got a call back within the hour. He said he would my new cue would be ready in one month. I got a date and said if not, i'm buying my plane tix.

Well, I got my cue. It was a plain jane (mine was not) The colors were not even close to what I told him. Appears he forgot what the cue he lost looked like even though I described it to him in details. Needless to say, I didn't like the cue. Not to mention it was a 13.5mm shaft.

I sold it, with full listed dimensions to some guy in Japan. I guess the really like his cues. I got $900 for it. So, I just decided to pocket the money and call it a day. I did not come out ahead in that deal.

Wonder what ever happened to my cue?? Had the xmas tree design on the butt... 3 triangles that were stacked that sort of resembled a xmas tree. Had a cork wrap too. Oh well, you win some you lose some.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I did just that to a cue maker in CA that passed away a few years ago. Pretty big name, so I'm sure most folks know him. I send him a cue to refinish and never saw the cue again.

he said he moved shops, and he was now in Bakersfield if I remember correctly. This happened about 15 years ago.

I told him, fine you lost the cue or it was stolen, you know what the cue looked like, he made it before... but it was a 30 year old cue. I just said make another one.... I don't mind having a new cue that looks like my old cue, I wanted it refinished anyways... so now I'll get a brand new cue.

Nothing. would not return phone calls or emails, etc. For 6 months this went on. I got his new address, and I left a message that I was buying a plane tix for next week. If I didn't hear from by then, he can explain to me, in person, where my old cue is, or what is the status on my new cue. No threats, but when I came for the cue he better have $300 cash for my tix refund as well.

I got a call back within the hour. He said he would my new cue would be ready in one month. I got a date and said if not, i'm buying my plane tix.

Well, I got my cue. It was a plain jane (mine was not) The colors were not even close to what I told him. Appears he forgot what the cue he lost looked like even though I described it to him in details. Needless to say, I didn't like the cue. Not to mention it was a 13.5mm shaft.

I sold it, with full listed dimensions to some guy in Japan. I guess the really like his cues. I got $900 for it. So, I just decided to pocket the money and call it a day. I did not come out ahead in that deal.

Wonder what ever happened to my cue?? Had the xmas tree design on the butt... 3 triangles that were stacked that sort of resembled a xmas tree. Had a cork wrap too. Oh well, you win some you lose some.

I know exactly who you're talking about. This same guy liked to put pool players hands in a vise grip when shaking hands with them. He seemed to delight in making them squirm. I got tired of it and next time I went to his shop and he reached out his hand, I "accidentally" twisted his thumb backwards. I was pretty strong for a small guy myself. He got mad and told me to get out of his shop and I did, never to return.

A couple of years later he came to one of my tournaments and demanded free admission. The girl at the gate came and got me. I told him to pay or he could get out. He left. Good riddance!

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
no matter how the op handled it the cuemaker was wrong and intentionally screwed up the deal.

so unless you are dealing with cuemakers with impeccable reputations. never send more than a small deposit and only send more money when the cue is finished and satisfactory pictures arrive. or simply dont deal with them and be glad if they dont deal with you.

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, yeah, if you rob the guy, you are probably going to jail...if you bring a coupla buddies, you dont have to assault the guy...we obviously come from two different backgrounds

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am just sayin' it is a whole lot easier to screw over someone that you think will never show up and make you explain to them in person why they are screwing you.

Texdance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the most entertaining thread since the funny pic thread. Please, please never close it.

You got a small business man who once was reported to the BBB after he annoyed, inconvenienced, and worried a customer, all because her expensive item was in his possession and she could not locate him for days on end to retrieve it. For all she knew the guy had skipped out with her family heirloom jewelry.

Yet he comes around all butthurt, complaining on AZ about another small businessman, demanding people refuse to buy from him, calling him a crook, all because he is annoyed, inconvenienced, and worried that his demands are not met like he wants, when he wants.

He calls a cue maker a crook when in fact the cue maker is doing him a very expensive favor, going above and beyond normal business refund practices by even allowing a return of a fully personalized cue. When those barbells were installed at Roy’s insistence (and payment), that cue was personalized as surely as if Roy had his name, address, phone, zip, and portrait inlaid all up and down the butt and forearm.

Sure, the cue maker should have repaired the wrap, buffed out any scratches, which is what the buyer complained about. I think he would have, if that had been requested, since he did exactly that when the cue was returned. But in fact, and I believe this wholeheartedly, the stupid barbells the buyer insisted on having installed ruined the look and design - and resale value - of the cue, and so when Ol Roy saw the ugly thing in person he developed a bad case of Buyer’s Remorse, and went into a panic to get his money back before he got stuck with such an ugly cue.

Knowing he had ruined the cue, he went on a huge campaign to get everyone ‘on his side’, hoping he could threaten the cue maker enough to get a refund, so he wouldn’t be out $2800 for a cue he had devalued so badly.

Anyone who thinks they are ‘supposed’ to get a refund anytime they want it is not dealing with reality. If it is not in writing, if it is not stated or implied in State or Federal law, if the seller refuses to bend over backwards and give you what you want whether you deserve it or not, you have no recourse except to depend on civil courts or lawyers. Or, now, hash up a big stink on AZ.

But in the interest of fair play, Roy should agree to refund to the cue maker any loss he has to take on that devalued cue when it actually sells to a real buyer. Better yet, he should put a grand or two in an escrow account for that eventuality, so the cue maker doesn’t have to wait for his money. I mean, it’s wrong to have to wait for your money, right? Isn’t that what this is all about?

BTW, I have to think Roy flips cues, seeing as how he claims to have bought 60 Richard Black cues. So maybe, just maybe, Roy’s buyer of that cue backed out, and now Roy is the one with the cash flow problem... just a thought.

If you can't afford to spend $2800, then don't spend it. It is not a difficult concept.

p.s. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That may be the most beautiful cue in the world to someone.

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
This is the most entertaining thread since the funny pic thread. Please, please never close it.

You got a small business man who once was reported to the BBB after he annoyed, inconvenienced, and worried a customer, all because her expensive item was in his possession and she could not locate him for days on end to retrieve it. For all she knew the guy had skipped out with her family heirloom jewelry.

Yet he comes around all butthurt, complaining on AZ about another small businessman, demanding people refuse to buy from him, calling him a crook, all because he is annoyed, inconvenienced, and worried that his demands are not met like he wants, when he wants.

He calls a cue maker a crook when in fact the cue maker is doing him a very expensive favor, going above and beyond normal business refund practices by even allowing a return of a fully personalized cue. When those barbells were installed at Roy’s insistence (and payment), that cue was personalized as surely as if Roy had his name, address, phone, zip, and portrait inlaid all up and down the butt and forearm.

Sure, the cue maker should have repaired the wrap, buffed out any scratches, which is what the buyer complained about. I think he would have, if that had been requested, since he did exactly that when the cue was returned. But in fact, and I believe this wholeheartedly, the stupid barbells the buyer insisted on having installed ruined the look and design - and resale value - of the cue, and so when Ol Roy saw the ugly thing in person he developed a bad case of Buyer’s Remorse, and went into a panic to get his money back before he got stuck with such an ugly cue.

Knowing he had ruined the cue, he went on a huge campaign to get everyone ‘on his side’, hoping he could threaten the cue maker enough to get a refund, so he wouldn’t be out $2800 for a cue he had devalued so badly.

Anyone who thinks they are ‘supposed’ to get a refund anytime they want it is not dealing with reality. If it is not in writing, if it is not stated or implied in State or Federal law, if the seller refuses to bend over backwards and give you what you want whether you deserve it or not, you have no recourse except to depend on civil courts or lawyers. Or, now, hash up a big stink on AZ.

But in the interest of fair play, Roy should agree to refund to the cue maker any loss he has to take on that devalued cue when it actually sells to a real buyer. Better yet, he should put a grand or two in an escrow account for that eventuality, so the cue maker doesn’t have to wait for his money. I mean, it’s wrong to have to wait for your money, right? Isn’t that what this is all about?

BTW, I have to think Roy flips cues, seeing as how he claims to have bought 60 Richard Black cues. So maybe, just maybe, Roy’s buyer of that cue backed out, and now Roy is the one with the cash flow problem... just a thought.

If you can't afford to spend $2800, then don't spend it. It is not a difficult concept.

p.s. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That may be the most beautiful cue in the world to someone.

Spot on! Excellent summary!

However, this thread doesn't hold a candle to "Breedlove Dumped and IT WILL Be Addressed!" lol That one's easily still 'Thread of the Year'!

:thumbup:

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Post one states the jewelry was made and delivered in time. It also states the jewelry was made in lieu of money for the addition of the "cap" for the extension. So, it seems it paid for the stick and used the jewelry as partial payment of the JP's.

Thanks, I never went back to read the extensively edited version.

hoppecopy

Registered
Dear A&Z audience,
I would like to thank all of you for your comments, I would like to clarify on some of the posts from Mr.Summers, as well on some of the other posts, this playing cue was not special ordered, This cue was sold to a lady and she returned it because of scratches, when I talked with Mr.Summers about this cue he said it was available again, I figured because i wanted some simple barbell inlays and wrap/refinish it would take care of the problem at that time I ordered the 3 shafts at this time because I play with 13mm and the shafts on the shafts were smaller, Mr.Summers worked on the cue immediately and sent me progress pics, I was very happy with him, and several weeks later I order a jump break cue which was a 100 year old house conversion, cap protectors and a extension, 0ver in the next weeks he sent me more pic of progress, all inlays work was pretty much done on both cues, and playing cue was now resprayed, I did not call him everyday, when I did he keep tell me still waiting on the shafts and not done, My point is I have sent cues to other makers for similar work including shafts that were already built cues and work was completed in several weeks, to a month. finally after all these months he said to me he could send me the butt with a warped shaft that i could use until the shafts were done,I said that would be great..he said he would send it out the next , friday comes and he tx me and said I would have to wait because he didn't have the shipping money, he said if you PayPal me some money he would sent it out friday, so me being excited I did, when the cue came and I opened it up I was very disapointed , I call him after Isend it back and he said he would make it perfect or like the beginning he would refund my money, first off he told me the butt was done all I was waiting for was shafts, I thought for a day and decided I did not want to continue on this road. so I sent the cue back with a letter saying I wanted my money refunded. when I talked to him on the phone, he said he would give me his word that it would be perfect and was trying to talk me into keeping it, it should have been that way in the beginning. So he said he would refund my money when he had it, I said like a month, six months a year.. He said when he gets then I will, I am not a bank, or a lending institution, My family has been in the business 65 yrs. as for the bbb posts of my account, there are a few complaints, a few, but for 65 years of business a few, if anyone out there owns a business knows you just can't please everyone. which has nothing to do with post. Mr. Summers has posted to all of you that I will get my refund by April 15, if this does happen I will be the first to publicly apologize to him as well as all the positive and negative posters on this issue, I am not a bad person, but when your spending thousands of dollars on a couple of 100 dollars on the wood cost (not labor), I want it right. I do believe Mr.Summers is a good person, but I believe with his divorce issues and having to come up with $15000.00, to pay his ex wife, He took advantage of me for quick money, especially, after I needed to send him money for postage...Come on really, are things that bad. I did have some harsh words with him and apologize for loosing my cool, again I would have never posted in the first place. My heart does go out to Mr. Summers for the problems he's having , everyone including Mr.Summers can continue play tug of war, back and forth he said she said, the bottom line to this story is Mr.Summers and I are the only one who know the truth. thank you all for your comments I will wait till April 15, Hopecopy

Good afternoon A&Z,
Well today is April 15th I have not posted or said anything about Mr Summers since this previous post, Mr Summers had agreed to pay me by April 15th he put it on this forum I just went to the mailbox nothing, I tried calling him his messages are full It looks like I've been blocked from messenger so what does that tell you about Mr Summers, I have had my money and my jewelry I made totally $4,000 taken from me, all I'm asking you to do is stay away from Mr Summers and do not send him any money he is a liar and the thief.... It looks like I will have to go another avenue with Mr Summers.
DO NOT DEAL WITH BRENT SUMMERS CUE THIS IS FAIR WARNING!!!!! FOR PEOPLE LOOKING FOR CUES FROM HIM.

Mr Summers lied to me again and also lied to this forum about paying me in full by the 15th of April. This man is a thief!!!!

I would like to thank everyone who commented in this form for the positive and negative posts , Mr Summers does not keep his word and he took advantage of me, for his personal problems, I'm just trying to have other people not go through what I have and lost. Thanks Hoppe