View Single Post
Old
  (#9)
martin35
AzB Silver Member
martin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-14-2019, 06:20 AM

Wow SMT it's really impressive work... and thank you to answer all my question.

I dont know the exact measurement of the part yet but it's should be roughly 10'' wide x 30'' long. As for the thickness it will be 1/2'' max ( they also offer 1/22'' thick core board which is giving a 3/8'' th. stack). They also offer birch veneer but it's probably not easier to bend. What kind of wood to you use normally for bending ?

Reading your answer make me think that It can be better to use clamped form as you showed since it probably gives more clamping force but I also understand the dificulty to have a matching set of male and female form taking the thickness of the venner stack into account and still having a good even clamping force...

On the other hand my vaccum pump is not built yet, I have all the component (Vac generator, vac switch, fittings etc..) but I also still have to buy a good size vaccuum bag, which is not cheap...

Anyway I'm not ready to start yet and it will give me time to think abut the whole thing

I greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks again

MArtin