moving a 9' GC

crww

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi
I bought four 9" GC from a grill and bar and have to move them. Disassembling them seems straight forward, but are there any concerns that I need to be aware of, removing the slates from the bed? Is there any link to any instructions on the disassembly and moving of Billiard tables

Thanks

Eric Wynne

Banned
It would be advantageous to have another strong back and a dolly . You can use masking tape to identify where the pieces of slate were on the tables and which ones . Be careful how you transport the slate , they should be secured somehow so they don't bounce and crack ... Common sense should prevail ... Good luck ...:cool:

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with Eric. Common sense should get it. I have moved a few tables and I think the slate is more durable than you would think. I assumed it was brittle as glass, but it really wasn't too bad.

Be careful if the slates are pinned. Cut the seem with a razor knife and slide them apart. Do not twist the end pieces or you can chip out the slates.

When I loaded them in the truck, I layed 2 2x4's down like sleigh runners, put a slate on top, added 2 more runners on top of the first piece of slate, another piece of slate, ETC.

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
The answer to your question is long and time consuming, doesn't surprise me that nobody has spoke up. But they have in the past, I 've seen excellent directions on this particular subject, just do a search.