Places to play in Aurora, CO

JLITALIEN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am moving to Aurora, CO next month and am looking for a place to join some sort of league (TAP, BCA, APA, Etc...). My only stipulation is that the league play be on 8' or 9' tables.

Thanks in advance for all of the help.

-Jimmy

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PoolSharkAllen said:
I'd like to recommend Rack 'em. They are located at 1919 S Havana St., (303) 755-7675

I moved away in 99, but does Rich Martin still own it?

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PoolSharkAllen said:
I'd like to recommend Rack 'em. They are located at 1919 S Havana St., (303) 755-7675

If that's the one in the basement, I wouldn't recommend it unless they have different people running the leagues now. When I played in a league there it was so poorly run that it wasn't any fun at all. (1999 or so) The owner and the manager were terrible too. But hopefully they've moved on and sold it.

Cheers,
RC

PoolSharkAllen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sixpack said:
If that's the one in the basement, I wouldn't recommend it unless they have different people running the leagues now. When I played in a league there it was so poorly run that it wasn't any fun at all. (1999 or so) The owner and the manager were terrible too. But hopefully they've moved on and sold it.

Cheers,
RC

A pool hall in a basement? :eek: You're apparently confusing Rack 'em with another pool hall.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PoolSharkAllen said:
A pool hall in a basement? :eek: You're apparently confusing Rack 'em with another pool hall.

It's only a couple of steps down. I could be confusing it with another one, but it's right in that same area if I am.

...Nope. After looking it up on the internet and finding pictures. That's the place. Worst, most stupidly run league I've ever played on. If they have changed ownership maybe it's gotten better. The league I played in was run by the owner and his wife/girlfriend...They had no clue as to what they were doing and zero customer service skills. I will never set foot in there again.

Since you pushed, here's the story:
Stuff deleted by request of Pool Shark Allen.

If you go there and it sucks, don't blame me.

Hopefully the new owners are better.

Cheers,

RC

Disclaimer: The above represents the opinions and facts as remembered by ME. Potential customers of any person, product or service discussed should not rely soleley on the opinions stated and should conduct their own research into said persons, products and services and form their own opinion before making any decisions.

Last edited:

JPB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JLITALIEN said:
Has any one tried Table Steaks East? The website looks promising.

It is OK. Not my favorite. I don't get to Denver all that much anymore, so take it FWIW. Might be good for leagues maybe, I don't know. I played there a couple of times when I was there and it was convenient. Was fine to hit balls around and have drinks.

Of course the best Aurora room is long gone and didn't have leagues. Lousy neighborhood. No alcohol, unless you brown bagged it from the liquor store next door. Great poolroom. It became a church the last I knew. So sad.;)

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PoolSharkAllen said:
Sixpack, Why are you trashing the Rack 'em club for your unpleasant 1999 experience?

I go to the Rack 'em club four times a week so I'm in a much better position to comment on this club than you are. As I said earlier, this club is under new management and appears to be doing just fine.

It sucked, the league sucked, the bartender sucked, the owner sucked. I posted a plain jane "do not recommend post" and you called me a liar on it. So I posted why I said what I said.

I censored my post.

Cheers,
RC

Last edited:

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JLITALIEN said:
Has any one tried Table Steaks East? The website looks promising.

I don't care for that one much either, but that's another story. You picked my two least favorite places in Denver area to ask for a recommendation on.

Cheers,
RC

Love The Game

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rack Em has Diamond nine footers and is well run. Forget the old owners.

Joe has leagues, and you can also get played. Good place - check it out.

poolsucker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am a steakhorse well known through out the country and those are some the best playing 9' Diamond tables in the country. Im not saying the action is good but the the tables play great. I was there a almost 2 years ago just under new ownership. If you are looking for 9" tables then this place has the best tables in Denver that are not shimmed up.
Thank you

Drew

Got a little dog in you?
Silver Member
Paradise has the best weekly tournament I've ever seen and the best tables I've ever played. Table Steaks south is clean and has a couple very good weekly tournaments and a monthly 1hole tournament. The Wynkoop is also a good place. I'm not a league player so I couldn't tell you anything about leagues. But those are my recommendations.

check out the map: http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&rl...+halls&near=Denver,+CO&sa=X&oi=local&ct=image

Love The Game

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He is speaking of Rack Em. Also, if you want action, that is no problem. Plenty of strong players in the Denver area. Tell Joe you want a game, if there isn't an available opponent, and you will get played.

Several good players live close by and the tables are top shelf.

Last edited: