View Single Post
Computer Chess
Old
  (#14)
church66
AzB Silver Member
church66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Thumbs up Computer Chess - 05-30-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdorman View Post
Professional level chess is on a clock. It's not a shot clock like pool or basketball; it's a cumulative clock...much, much tougher. Each player is allotted the same amount of time to make all his moves; use up your time with slow decisions and you'll lose the game just by running out of time.

The result is that the first 20 moves happen so fast it's hard even for a diehard chess fan to keep up without intense concentration.
I used to play chess when I was a kid @ school but lost interest when I went to High School but for some reason I took an interest again when Nigel Short played Gary Kasparov :

Here's The Scotch game from their match :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxmYFKSenJM