More brokedown billiards tails.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
If you want premium tables, play at a proper club or poolroom, or at home.

Going to run down bars, what do you expect? I've had plenty of fun on bad tables. Tables that roll slow, have worn out balls etc..The only thing that completely ruin a table is if it's seriously out of level. All those other things can be overcome.

One of the most interesting pool times I've had was at an outdoor, aluminium table. I was playing for money against other tourists. The table didn't have fast cushions, it had slow felt and the balls were some sort of strange polyester blend that were too light. Had a blast, and wouldn't you know, nobody were complaining about the tables, even the guys who were losing. I figured out a type of banks were dead on this table, and every time they came up, I shot those banks. Won quite a bit on that table over a couple of days of non-stop playing. Maybe it was the balls? They didn't seem to reverse as much as premium balls do. You could nail straight backs all day if you shot them with the right speed, and even angles that would be impossible on normal tables would go with that certain "off" speed.

If you go around to places that don't prioritize keeping their tables in order, you'd better figure out how to play under different conditions. If you can adapt better than your opponents, you'll win and have a good time.

Last edited:

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
I played that game on my phone once.

:confused: What are you on about? You asked about the yellow and red balls and I replied with information .... not sure I am interested in answering any more of your questions, you don't seem to understand or appreciate what you are being told.

Dave

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:confused: What are you on about? You asked about the yellow and red balls and I replied with information .... not sure I am interested in answering any more of your questions, you don't seem to understand or appreciate what you are being told.

Dave

I played that game on my phone. I downloaded a pool game and played it on my phone. Not sure what more needs to be said.

Anywho when I played standard 8 ball on this table at the truck stop the balls were very used. It was not blackball.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you want premium tables, play at a proper club or poolroom, or at home.

Going to run down bars, what do you expect? I've had plenty of fun on bad tables. Tables that roll slow, have worn out balls etc..The only thing that completely ruin a table is if it's seriously out of level. All those other things can be overcome.

One of the most interesting pool times I've had was at an outdoor, aluminium table. I was playing for money against other tourists. The table didn't have fast cushions, it had slow felt and the balls were some sort of strange polyester blend that were too light. Had a blast, and wouldn't you know, nobody were complaining about the tables, even the guys who were losing. I figured out a type of banks were dead on this table, and every time they came up, I shot those banks. Won quite a bit on that table over a couple of days of non-stop playing. Maybe it was the balls? They didn't seem to reverse as much as premium balls do. You could nail straight backs all day if you shot them with the right speed, and even angles that would be impossible on normal tables would go with that certain "off" speed.

If you go around to places that don't prioritize keeping their tables in order, you'd better figure out how to play under different conditions. If you can adapt better than your opponents, you'll win and have a good time.

I do not go to rundown bars. And as I have said in the past I play at a pool room. It is just not open at all times so I go elsewhere. Also I am learning about all the kinds of tables and such so I will know when leagues start up. Because leagues are only played on bar boxes at bars.

Mainly I am posting cause I am in shock that places don't upkeep their equipment. I mean I would upkeep the equipment if I owned a place.