"Outsville needs your help to fight facebook censorship"

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
I want to Thank everyone who stepped in and asked FB to review our site.... The issue was finally worked out Saturday afternoon and we were placed on the white list so the algorithm will leave us alone...

FB took us out Monday and as far as I can tell it was related to someone else's post that had our domain and a photo of our "Make Pool Great Again" hat. Her post was removed and when she reposted we were blacklisted and her post was removed again.... The other possibility floated by a FB tech is that the algorithm thought that Outsville might have been a term for outting members of the LGBT community without their consesnt...

They never could tell me what it flagged but they could tell me that we had not been reported for anything on any of our accounts and none of them had "notes" so it was not anyone being vindictive or trying to play PC police....

It has opened my eyes that our decision to stay small has to be revisited. I like being able to make small changes as more pro players use our products and give us feedback.. This has kept us from looking to larger retailers like Seyberts and Pooldawg since I don't want anyone stuck with a bunch of inventory and "there he goes changing chit again". That will change 3rd or 4th quarter more than likely.....

Hope all of you are doing well and shooting them straight... We have a few things coming but man R&D is slow going right now as we are staying busy.. Who knew if you started a pool and billiards company you likely would never have much time to play the game after that =)

Thanks again =)

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey!

The best way to fight Face Book is to not be a part of it. I have never been a part of it and life is good. Don't need it and don't want it and don't understand the worlds addiction to it.

There are other venues.

Just saying....

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Facebook is not the gov't. They are a private business. You can't have censorship or your first amendment rights broken by a private business.

Except that they can since all those things are still under some laws for decency and hate speech and what the platform allows. Business are still regulated to make sure they don't discriminate with hiring and firing and can set their own rules for what is OK or not. For example the forums, you can certainly post things that are rude and annoying here but there is no law that will keep you or anyone else from being banned by the mods.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Nice to hear that you support allowing ISIS and Al Qaeda to use Facebook as a recruitment platform. After all, the marketplace of ideas will punish them.

:rolleyes:

Back in the real world, I'm having no trouble accessing the Outsville Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Outsville/

Dumbest post I've read on AZB. Congrats, that is quite an achievement. We're talking about outsville, not aloha snackbar

Last edited:

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you rely on a privately controlled company with arbitray self-interests and no strict money-for-service contracts for your business, you deserve to be bitten in the ass.

If you think that "traffic" has to do anything with "success" or you rely on ads for you business, you deserver to have your nose bitten off.

Please rely on something else to drive your business, for example, real stores selling your stuff :smile:

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dumbest post I've read on AZB. Congrats, that is quite an achievement. We're talking about outsville, not aloha snackbar
ejuTHOn.jpg

At any rate, it's good to hear (and unsurprising) that this got worked out.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
In related Facebook news, this just in over the wires (in case you missed it):

A vulnerability in Facebook's WhatsApp messaging app made it possible for attackers to spread surveillance software to mobile devices through a phone call.

While WhatsApp users cannot check whether their device was affected, there are certain red flags users can spot that may indicate a mobile device is being manipulated by a third party.