View Single Post
Old
  (#203)
poolhustler
AzB Silver Member
poolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3500

09-21-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
You know what, it's kind of like the person who spray paints his Gold Crown high gloss automotive black, then sits back looking at it thinking how beautiful it looks. Only thing is, in just a few years all that high gloss automotive black finish is going to look like shit because the paint is brittle, and won't support bonding to a structural surface that expands and contracts, so it develops spiderweb cracks all through the finish, and eventually starts peeling off. Whereas if a latex paint was used, it stretches with the wood surface, and contracts with it as well, so it never shows the same signs of the instability of an oil based paint. But, I suppose you're right, there's many ways of fixing things, I just prefer the best possible methods available so as to insure the best possible outcome.
Weird... my table was painted with Corvette "Electron Blue Metallic" and Lexus "Pearl White" auto paint about 12 years ago and it still looks perfect. Maybe I am just lucky? lol

"Then again...you may be the Antichrist"