MEZZ Ignite Shaft

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ive had the revos and still have 2 in stock and have 2 of the cuetecs as well. I dont care if every company comes out with one, the cuetec is the best of the best. What a great shaft Imho

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ive had the revos and still have 2 in stock and have 2 of the cuetecs as well. I dont care if every company comes out with one, the cuetec is the best of the best. What a great shaft Imho
I'm sure the Mezz carbon Fiber will be awesome as well, and I assume it will be offered with both types of Mezz joints - the United and the Wavy. Absolutely nothing as of yet showing up on the Mezz website about this shaft or when it will be available.

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
True it probably will. The only differences with these shafts will be taper and ferrule material. Other then that you cant do much else with carbon fibre

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
True it probably will. The only differences with these shafts will be taper and ferrule material. Other then that you cant do much else with carbon fibre
I had not possibility to try other than Revo out of all carbon fiber shafts available but I'm pretty much sure Revo still is the stiffest out of all of them. Now the logical question is it only the taper being the reason for this because I don't believe it has a thicker wall. So it could be the difference in the construction (Revo has a plug inside somewhere in the middle) and in the material (differences in the production if to be short). I guess there are enough nitty gritty details in the production which you could not be aware of. Once there will be possibility to try other c.f. shafts I believe I will get to know the difference in their performance.

Last edited:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Besides no warping and no dings, another possible plus for carbon fiber composite shafts is that you clean them with alcohol tissue or clean cloth and I don't think that will wear down like wooden shafts from cleaning, sanding and just general wear.

This may mean that carbon fiber shafts will last longer than traditional wooden shafts.

I still hear some pro players saying they won't go to the carbon fiber composite shafts. Old school don't want to let go of old ways.

Each to his own.

JoeyA

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Just saw this on Facebook about the release of this shaft

Ignite shaft launching dates
Here are the launching schedule for each market for everyone's information.

January 19, 2019 : Launching in the Japanese market
February 15, 2019 : Launching in the Asia and Oceania market
March 15, 2019 : Launching in the Europe and Middle East market
Introducing the Ignite shaft at Super Billiard Expo, March 28-31
April 2019 : Launching in the USA market
(Note : the first batch for each market is very very limited. At present, our focus is quality assurance and therefore, will limit the production to provide the best product available. Hope everyone understands.)

They also had 2 picks of the shaft and listed just their 2 joint types.

I Got Lucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just saw this on Facebook about the release of this shaft

Ignite shaft launching dates

Here are the launching schedule for each market for everyone's information.

January 19, 2019 : Launching in the Japanese market

February 15, 2019 : Launching in the Asia and Oceania market

March 15, 2019 : Launching in the Europe and Middle East market

Introducing the Ignite shaft at Super Billiard Expo, March 28-31

April 2019 : Launching in the USA market

(Note : the first batch for each market is very very limited. At present, our focus is quality assurance and therefore, will limit the production to provide the best product available. Hope everyone understands.)

They also had 2 picks of the shaft and listed just their 2 joint types.
Prices??????

pinkspider

Crap user name, I know.
Silver Member
I had not possibility to try other than Revo out of all carbon fiber shafts available but I'm pretty much sure Revo still is the stiffest out of all of them. Now the logical question is it only the taper being the reason for this because I don't believe it has a thicker wall. So it could be the difference in the construction (Revo has a plug inside somewhere in the middle) and in the material (differences in the production if to be short). I guess there are enough nitty gritty details in the production which you could not be aware of. Once there will be possibility to try other c.f. shafts I believe I will get to know the difference in their performance.

The ignite felt stiffer to me; the taper’s pretty strong

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The ignite felt stiffer to me; the taper’s pretty strong
Then there will be one more stiff shaft for my liking which is just great. I'm sure Mezz offers something interesting regarding performance with their Ignite shaft. One of the stopping factor for me is only two joint options. I'm not going to buy a butt from them because I'm building the ones I like. Wavy joint is not an option for me for the time being. When it comes to united well I may consider but I'm fine with my wooden shaft atm. We'll see.

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only thing I will laugh at is I’m sure mezz with charge more then predator and no one will complain about price. It seems only predator gets knocked for high prices on this forum lol

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only thing I will laugh at is I’m sure mezz with charge more then predator and no one will complain about price. It seems only predator gets knocked for high prices on this forum lol

It just happened for Predator to be the "first" to offer c.f. shafts in modern era...so it is no surprise about it. To tell the truth it is useless to complain about the price from manufacturer. For me it is very simple if I don't see the reason to buy something at a certain price I just don't buy the thing.
What I really don't like and that is part of a problem with new c.f. shafts of certain manufacturers being out of stock at the dealers ... those "smart" persons making a very simple "business" ....example: Cuetec Cynergy shafts were available at Seyberts for 399$ the holidays price (were sold out very quickly). Now I've already seen cynergy shafts from some sellers at some crazy price and they are out of stock at the dealers. There is a good example here in for sale section where you may become the happiest owner of this shaft for $$$. There are so many those "smart businessmen" using the moment and great demand. One thing is to produce something and asking the high price for a good product and another story when you produce nothing but ...

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As I was told a long time a go. If someone is willing to the pay what your charging it’s the right price. If mezz wants to charge $600 and people are willing to pay for it good for them!

It just happened for Predator to be the "first" to offer c.f. shafts in modern era...so it is no surprise about it. To tell the truth it is useless to complain about the price from manufacturer. For me it is very simple if I don't see the reason to buy something at a certain price I just don't buy the thing.
What I really don't like and that is part of a problem with new c.f. shafts of certain manufacturers being out of stock at the dealers ... those "smart" persons making a very simple "business" ....example: Cuetec Cynergy shafts were available at Seyberts for 399$ the holidays price (were sold out very quickly). Now I've already seen cynergy shafts from some sellers at some crazy price and they are out of stock at the dealers. There is a good example here in for sale section where you may become the happiest owner of this shaft for $$$. There are so many those "smart businessmen" using the moment and great demand. One thing is to produce something and asking the high price for a good product and another story when you produce nothing but ...

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As I was told a long time a go. If someone is willing to the pay what your charging it’s the right price. If mezz wants to charge $600 and people are willing to pay for it good for them!
Totally agreed when it comes to retail price at the dealers. I meant the business many do on a secondary market. There are "smart ones" buying a bunch of shafts from a dealer as I said let's say 400$ for each today with only one intention to sell on a secondary market for 500-600$ tomorrow. They don't buy it for using but only for making some money. Of course when the product is out of stock at the dealers and there are those who want it so much that are ready to pay the crazy price on a secondary market ....ok I guess it won't last for too long especially now when there are a few players offering their c.f. shaft on the market. Sooner or later manufacturers and the dealers will have to strive for the customer and situation on the market becomes more or less wholesome.

eNkel

Registered

Funny thing is, here in Europe it's about 100€ cheaper than the Revo. IF the price stands...
For the Revo the price range is about 575-600€, Ignite got a price tag of 488€.

Last edited:

MalibuMike

Banned
$569

Prices??????
http://mezzcues.us/shop/index.php?m...ducts_id=293:9556d7fda1ffe42e60a867d3a268a9ca
Check it out! Mine is being packaged!!!!!!!!!!
The United Joint fits Schon Cues better than Schon Cues!
index.php

Attachments

• IG_Shaft.jpg
    IG_Shaft.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 919
Last edited:

highkarate

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone actually hit with one of these? Just curious on how they thought it compared to a revo as far as feel, action, taper, etc. I pre-ordered one because I'm interested in carbon fiber shafts, but somebody I know who hit with the mezz told me they prefer the predator. And Mika didn't appear to be sold on it either as he switched back to his 30" ex-pro shaft after trying this one out for a bit...

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
http://mezzcues.us/shop/index.php?m...ducts_id=293:9556d7fda1ffe42e60a867d3a268a9ca
Check it out! Mine is being packaged!!!!!!!!!!
The United Joint fits Schon Cues better than Schon Cues!
index.php

I wouldnt be so excited if i was you,european dealers recieved only about 30% of ordered shafts and the whole stock was gone within 10 minutes after they started to sell with the next batch coming in july/august. And if you want to get one on secondary market be ready to shell out 800+ eur,thats how high people value Ignite...

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny thing is, here in Europe it's about 100€ cheaper than the Revo. IF the price stands...
For the Revo the price range is about 575-600€, Ignite got a price tag of 488€.
I was quoted around $570 for the Ignite shaft from Mezz USA, with no discounts being offered for dealers for the first shipment of pre-orders. I was also told the level of deflection was actually slightly
more than the deflection on a WX900 shaft, so I think I'll stick with my WX900.