AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
couple of scoreboard design I like:

2828645829_6320104484.jpg

IMG_2519a.jpg

daimion

Something Clever...
Silver Member
u know u have me thinking about a project i quit on sadly years ago.
i used to play darts quite often. and cricket was my game.
the best scoring machine ive seen was a dartmaster 3.
what made these less appealing was the fact that they were 300 USD used. i wanted to make something similar but am far to inexperienced. has anyone taken a stab at it?

here is a reference link : http://www.crowsdarts.com/reviews/dartmaster3.html

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I love all of the gadgets and the electronic scoreboards would be GREAT for Live Streamers to utilize so they could always be aware of the score, but from a practical standpoint, old fashion beads are more practical and player friendly.

The visual picture of the beads is great but it's not all about the visuals. The beads are physical and because it is physical it is a better device for keeping score in pool rooms imo.

Thanks for the links, though. The electronic scoreboard would be cool for a home room, imo.
JoeyA

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
The problem I noticed in pool rooms were keeping score it was the servers having to transport drinks and count cash. Most times the lighting was so poor in the room I wouldn't be surprised if it led to cash flow problems.

The concept I was working on was a LED wrist band or a LED money cache. The wrist band would be for the more easy going crowd because a bright light is kind of distracting. And for the serious pool crowd I'd design the LED case that when open provides non-direct light (so it does attract attention). I considered an LED tray but I think it would be distracting.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
IF players are starting to carry smart devices that have a bluetooth or some type of wirless connectivity it would be easier to stream scoring information that way, they already have the tech.

If we are talking pro tournaments streaming simple rack information about points is really what the internet can do well as. Say its a 5-9 almost hill and shot on the 4 that is data perfect for streaming.

If a website creates registration for volunteers to text scoring at events that data can be rebroadcasted as a stream perfect for phones so that a full website does not have to be viewed.

Sure video is better but more data can be streamed if its just like a stock ticker.