Cold Case

shinyballs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, wasn't flattering at all. At this point though, any publicity for this game might be good publicity.

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two nicknames used in the episode were The Rifle and Baltimore Red. I wonder who helped them with that. Was it a pick up on Buddy Hall and Jack Breit? And did I hear them mention Luther Lassiter?

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two nicknames used in the episode were The Rifle and Baltimore Red. I wonder who helped them with that. Was it a pick up on Buddy Hall and Jack Breit? And did I hear them mention Luther Lassiter?

Season 6: Episode 21: November 22

The 1963 Cold Case of a pool hustler found shoot to death shortly after President Kennedy was assasinated on November 22nd is reopened when the murder weapon used in the killing is newly discovered in the pool hall he frequented.

Patrick "The Rifleman" Lennox was a pool hustler that lived out of a suitcase, traveling from city to city to try and hustle the average Joe out of his earnings in order to pay off an enourmous debt he had accumulated. He returned to Philly to make his way into a game with "Baltimore Red" a well-known pool shark that could get Patrick out of debt with one game. While there he encounters a young girl who claims to be his daughter, her presence triggers something in Patrick. His dislike of who he has become and a chance to make a life with a daughter he never knew makes him realize that he must make a new start. Even when he has victory over "Baltimore Red" in his sights, he walks away vowing to start a new life but a past associate believes this decision would ruin them and in a fit of rage shoots him only minutes after the Kennedy assasination.

Rush feels a connection to this case and how it in someways relates to her and her father. Rush confronts her father about the fact he has still never told his family that she exists and finally asks him why he left her.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I watched it...didn't think it reflected negatively on pool. In the epilog segment, it showed the main characters having fun playing. Not a bad episode, really.

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched it for the sole fact is was about pool. Couple things struck me-

1. The guys who wrote this didn't know much about pool. Like practicing a certain safety to beat Red. Like Red hadn't seen safeties like that a million times before.

2. They tried to capture the feeling of the movie the Hustler right down to the music. Unfortunately the acting wasn't very good for the pool players.

3. These guys were not very good pool players. It was blatantly obvious when the trick shots were made that it wasn't the same people acting.

I felt the show was good for pool in general because it may generate some interest. For people who already like pool it wasn't terrible just not that good.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Season 6: Episode 21: November 22

The 1963 Cold Case of a pool hustler found shoot to death shortly after President Kennedy was assasinated on November 22nd is reopened when the murder weapon used in the killing is newly discovered in the pool hall he frequented.

Patrick "The Rifleman" Lennox was a pool hustler that lived out of a suitcase,

He was referred to all through the show as "The Rifle", not "The Rifleman".