Pool Hall Wanted!!!!! TN!!!

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Somewhere out there there has to be an Azer getting ready to retire where the winters are too cold and too long...

Instead of following the RV trail all the way down to Florida, where they have an abundance of old codgers, stop off in the foothills of the Smokies... Yup Knoxville TN....

You can buy a nice home for a reasonable sum and likely have money left over to open up a nice pool room like you have always wanted..... You know the 1 with lots of 9foot diamonds and decent rates where you can hire large breasted women to be your staff.... Preferably ones who have a particular infatuation with bald guys named Chris...

So come on down and setup shop... Heaven knows this place needs a decent pool room.......

12ozCurl

Banned
Somewhere out there there has to be an Azer getting ready to retire where the winters are too cold and too long...

Instead of following the RV trail all the way down to Florida, where they have an abundance of old codgers, stop off in the foothills of the Smokies... Yup Knoxville TN....

You can buy a nice home for a reasonable sum and likely have money left over to open up a nice pool room like you have always wanted..... You know the 1 with lots of 9foot diamonds and decent rates where you can hire large breasted women to be your staff.... Preferably ones who have a particular infatuation with bald guys named Chris...

So come on down and setup shop... Heaven knows this place needs a decent pool room.......

I've been getting bit by the bug bad. I'm just waiting for my numbers to hit on the lotto! I figure it will take about 3/4 of a million dollars to build the room and furnish it. Hot Floozies are figured into my estimate

ArizonaJay

Registered

Timing is everything. After considering FL for our retirement, wife thought we should look at TN. She's smart, and knows to check that there's a pool hall nearby for me (along with fishing for both of us). And she sends me this thread.

So - if nobody buys this place, does that mean I'm not going to find 9 ball or ring games to satisfy my 4-5 afternoons of pool playing a week?

If there's no pool in the afternoons in Knoxville, how about Chattanooga or Nashville?

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
There is pool here in Knoxville... There is just a shortage of quality tables....

The Baileys here has 8over and 9ft A.E Schmidt tables and a lot of my fiends play there... The tables are 8bucks an hour so it's not too bad if several are playing... I like to practice a few hours a day as well as playing so fading 8 an hour to practice on A.E Schmidts is a nogo... If they were Diamond 9fters I would likely not bat an eye and go there.....

The Knoxville Billiard Club has 2 main tables.... An Antique Brunswick and A 9ft diamond.... They have other tables but they are Gandys and Valleys and in pretty bad shape... Both of the main tables are considered money tables with 1pocket going on from 11-5 each day... I will occasionally try and swing in and practice some there but if someone wants to match up I get off the diamond and let em play...

Rack and Run has Valleys... I think I have been in there 3 times since they opened and never screwed my cue together..... No clue what they have going on besides leagues.....

Roosters has 2 7ft Diamonds and they are usually open for play... Gotta love when the bar owner puts carpet and $20 ball sets on good tables....

IF you are over 50 there is the Rec Center in Oak Ridge... about 15-20 minutes from Knoxville... Free to play and lots of guys I know go there... Be a few years until I can go except as a guest.......

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Timing is everything. After considering FL for our retirement, wife thought we should look at TN. She's smart, and knows to check that there's a pool hall nearby for me (along with fishing for both of us). And she sends me this thread.

So - if nobody buys this place, does that mean I'm not going to find 9 ball or ring games to satisfy my 4-5 afternoons of pool playing a week?

If there's no pool in the afternoons in Knoxville, how about Chattanooga or Nashville?
Chattanooga has a couple of good rooms, thinking of retiring there myself & have made about 5 trips so far to look around

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
OP I got a good laugh at this, big breasted Floozies with diamond tables are a must!!!!!!!

DoubleA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You tell 'em Chris, 100% agreement.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Commercial should finally take their hit in the next few months.... Banks have been letting foreclosures slide to avoid having to book them on top of the home foreclosures... Maybe when the Commercial rates adjust having a pool room won't be such a hard way to make a living....

Last edited:

ArizonaJay

Registered
There is pool here in Knoxville... There is just a shortage of quality tables....

The Baileys here has 8over and 9ft A.E Schmidt tables and a lot of my fiends play there... The tables are 8bucks an hour so it's not too bad if several are playing... I like to practice a few hours a day as well as playing so fading 8 an hour to practice on A.E Schmidts is a nogo... If they were Diamond 9fters I would likely not bat an eye and go there.....

The Knoxville Billiard Club has 2 main tables.... An Antique Brunswick and A 9ft diamond.... They have other tables but they are Gandys and Valleys and in pretty bad shape... Both of the main tables are considered money tables with 1pocket going on from 11-5 each day... I will occasionally try and swing in and practice some there but if someone wants to match up I get off the diamond and let em play...

Rack and Run has Valleys... I think I have been in there 3 times since they opened and never screwed my cue together..... No clue what they have going on besides leagues.....

Roosters has 2 7ft Diamonds and they are usually open for play... Gotta love when the bar owner puts carpet and $20 ball sets on good tables....

IF you are over 50 there is the Rec Center in Oak Ridge... about 15-20 minutes from Knoxville... Free to play and lots of guys I know go there... Be a few years until I can go except as a guest.......

That sounds less than ideal for a guy who plays 4-5 afternoons a week, for 3-6 hours a day. Thanks for the heads up!

hdgis1

For 10$ an hour you all are welcome to play at my house. 9ft GCIII,Artemis rails, and tourney blue simonis. It's the best kept secret in Knoxville!

Chris

Sev

I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Silver Member

I am over by Bristol.
I was contemplating setting up a pool hall in the Elizabethon or Johnsoncity area. Unfortunately I got killed with the economy. Still plotting and planning though. :smile:

Sev

Silver Member
I've been getting bit by the bug bad. I'm just waiting for my numbers to hit on the lotto! I figure it will take about 3/4 of a million dollars to build the room and furnish it. Hot Floozies are figured into my estimate

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Give a new meaning to bar box. :D

Sev

Silver Member

Lots of action over by Bristol and Johnsoncity. You have Classic Billiards, Borderline Billiards, The Corner Pocket, Breaking Tradition, Baileys and a couple others scattered about.

Sev

Silver Member

Doesnt Baileys run a special during the week if you buy lunch?

Had a rail fall off one of their AE's when I was playing one day. Not the bumper. Then entire head rail.

billiardchick7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anybody know of a decent sized building for lease in Knoxville at a good rate? Might be nice to have a Lucky Break in Knoxville :D