Just Top 10 In Purse Standings?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I can't get anymore than top 10 on AZB purse winnings. Can anyone get more than 1st page? Thank you. Johnnyt

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't get anymore than top 10 on AZB purse winnings. Can anyone get more than 1st page? Thank you. Johnnyt

That prizemoney purse list is not accurate as certain events are not included - to be fair probably cos Azb admin do not have the reported numbers .
Darren's number does not include the $10K he won for the so called World 14.1
Prizemoney for E8B players like Mick Hill do not include E8B events they played in
Last year's list show Wu at $11K but does not include 2 CBSA events he won and 1 that he was runnerup . That would add probably another $80-$90K to his prizemoney
Kevin Cheng shown as $50K but he won a CBSA event so that adds probably another $30K so his number more like $80K
http://www.azbilliards.com/people/azb-money-leaderboard/2015/all/
:)

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, no money.....

I don't think their earnings is any of my business, but it is so evident that their is little money in American pool games. I am not a "rich" person by most standards, but I certainly am based on the earnings of most professional pool players, and I am retired.

Kind of a shame, as so many of these guys give it their all and invest years of their life in pursuing their passion. But, it is their choice and I wish they could make it more profitable.

Does any one know what the top 20 Snooker players and Chinese 8 Ball players make in a year?

I wonder what would happen to American pool earnings if the folks who run/govern European Snooker were running big American pool tournaments.

If I was a young gun American pool player with aspirations of making a living with a cue stick, I would follow the money and play Snooker and Chinese 8 Ball.

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member
I don't think their earnings is any of my business, but it is so evident that their is little money in American pool games. I am not a "rich" person by most standards, but I certainly am based on the earnings of most professional pool players, and I am retired.

Kind of a shame, as so many of these guys give it their all and invest years of their life in pursuing their passion. But, it is their choice and I wish they could make it more profitable.

Does any one know what the top 20 Snooker players and Chinese 8 Ball players make in a year?

I wonder what would happen to American pool earnings if the folks who run/govern European Snooker were running big American pool tournaments.

If I was a young gun American pool player with aspirations of making a living with a cue stick, I would follow the money and play Snooker and Chinese 8 Ball.

You will have to do the conversion :) but Selby picked up about 1/2 a million just for the worlds.

http://www.sportinglife.com/snooker...39-s-highest-earner-during-the-2015-16-season

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm sure better promotion and management would help, but the fact is that Snooker has big money because it is a popular sport people watch on TV, which brings in advertising money.

It wasn't always so, and good promotion helped get it on TV at the same time as a charismatic and troubled talent was playing (Alex Higgins). It helped that there were very few TV options at the time and not a lot of programming, so you had the phenomena of housewives who never play snooker watching and cheering for their favourite players.

But that would be impossible to replicate in North America now. The tv dial is crowded with offerings, there are other platforms like Netflix and social media competing for viewers.

Last edited:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I'm sure better promotion and management would help, but the fact is that Snooker has big money because it is a popular sport people watch on TV, which brings in advertising money.

It wasn't always so, and good promotion helped get it on TV at the same time as a charismatic and troubled talent was playing (Alex Higgins). It helped that there were very few TV options at the time and not a lot of programming, so you had the phenomena of housewives who never play snooker watching and cheering for their favourite players.

But that would be impossible to replicate in North America now. The tv dial is crowded with offerings, there are other platforms like Netflix and social media competing for viewers.

Snooker wouldn't be any better than pool if it didn't have legal betting on it. Johnnyt