Best tip on a Revo shaft to date...

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For people that have been playing with a Revo for some time now, what is the best tip you have used so far?

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best tip? Save yer money for the Cuetec! Bada bump!! Thank you and don’t forget to tip your server...Kamui tip that is.

Fastrs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had a Kamui black soft. It was okay but now I have a G2 and I much prefer it

ehn9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• result_1537355868076.jpg
    result_1537355868076.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 2,854

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I actually found the stock Victory soft to be my go to tip for all my shooters now.

My tip of choice also. The main reason I used a Triangle (and would use again)....It was the only tip I had in stock and needed one asap.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No such thing as a perfect tip, every player likes different things, but from a hundred Revo tip changes or so, 90% prefer a soft tip. The super soft types of tips seems to give too little feedback, so something lile a Zan Soft, wich is a tad harder than a Kamui or G2 soft works well.
Moori Jewel Malachite and G2 Medium also has gotten great feedback.

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great info on here so far...thanks to everyone who has posted.

For those that use the Victory Soft tip, how do you deal with the mushrooming? I find that it just deforms so easily.

Last edited:

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No such thing as a perfect tip, every player likes different things, but from a hundred Revo tip changes or so, 90% prefer a soft tip. The super soft types of tips seems to give too little feedback, so something lile a Zan Soft, wich is a tad harder than a Kamui or G2 soft works well.
Moori Jewel Malachite and G2 Medium also has gotten great feedback.

Do you have any feedback regarding the Zan Medium? I’m curious to know how it fairs against the Hybrid Max.

Also, for the Zan Soft you’ve put on a Revo have you had customers come back and give you any bad feedback such as mushrooming?

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't tried anything other than the stock Predator Victory as I really like it. I did buy a couple of the Victory mediums to try out. The softs do mushroom a tiny bit, but I just trim and reburnish and all good.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you have any feedback regarding the Zan Medium? I’m curious to know how it fairs against the Hybrid Max.

Also, for the Zan Soft you’ve put on a Revo have you had customers come back and give you any bad feedback such as mushrooming?

I have installed atleast 15 Zan Soft or Premium soft on Revos. Of all the Soft tips on the market that I have tried (wich is most brands) they musroom the least.
The Zan Medium was for many players slightly too hard, the G2 Medium is more popular as it's on the soft side of a Medium tip. Hybrid Max is used mostly by 3C players in my experience, and I have only installed one or two on a Revo, I think the players changed to a Medium tip on the soft side when they changed tip again. I think one chose a Longasy medium, the other a G2 Medium.

SFC9ball

JimBaker PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
I put a Ultra Skin HH on my first REVO 12.9 shaft and I loved it, I like a crisp hit.

I have recently got a 12.4 and I am playing with the stock Victory Soft tip and I like the way it plays too. I am going to try the Ultra Skin Med and see how that one feels here in a couple of weeks

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't tried anything other than the stock Predator Victory as I really like it. I did buy a couple of the Victory mediums to try out. The softs do mushroom a tiny bit, but I just trim and reburnish and all good.[/QUOTE

I’m also thinking of going for a Predator Medium as I have been really impressed with it. I’ve kept them on my Vantage & 314-3 and it holds the shape really well, it does not glaze & the hit is just perfect.

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have installed atleast 15 Zan Soft or Premium soft on Revos. Of all the Soft tips on the market that I have tried (wich is most brands) they musroom the least.
The Zan Medium was for many players slightly too hard, the G2 Medium is more popular as it's on the soft side of a Medium tip. Hybrid Max is used mostly by 3C players in my experience, and I have only installed one or two on a Revo, I think the players changed to a Medium tip on the soft side when they changed tip again. I think one chose a Longasy medium, the other a G2 Medium.

Thanks for your insights Kim! I may venture to install a Zan M if I do not go for the Predator Victory M. I do prefer a stiffer/harder hit at the front end.

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I put a Ultra Skin HH on my first REVO 12.9 shaft and I loved it, I like a crisp hit.

I have recently got a 12.4 and I am playing with the stock Victory Soft tip and I like the way it plays too. I am going to try the Ultra Skin Med and see how that one feels here in a couple of weeks

Thanks for the input Jim. If I consider a hard tip I will install a Zan Grip as I have used them before on my Vantage shafts after the stock Victory M wore out.

Do you get any miscues with the US HH?

SFC9ball

JimBaker PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
Thanks for the input Jim. If I consider a hard tip I will install a Zan Grip as I have used them before on my Vantage shafts after the stock Victory M wore out.

Do you get any miscues with the US HH?

I don't have any problems with miscue's with the Ultra Skin HH, the tip holds chalk well doesn't glaze over like some hard tips do. Miscues are not a tip problem but rather a stroke problem, when you get to the 3 tip zone on the cue ball you have to have to execute a good stroke or you will miscue.