Austin pool halls with 9’ Diamonds

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ll be out in Austin in a couple weeks. I’m also interested to hear the best place to play (9’ Diamond or just best action/environment).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is supposed to be a room opening in South Austin with 9 foot diamonds. Maybe this summer?

Best place to play with best players is Skinny Bobs. They have 14 9' gold crowns. 8 diamond bar tables on non smoking side.

Ramos in Manor has 9' diamonds but I heard they are in pretty rough shape.

Several places in Temple(an hour or so north of Austin) have 9' diamonds.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I’m in Austin for a couple days. I’ll swing over to Skinny Bob’s after lunch and hit some to check the place out. I probably won’t be back in after today.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The have a room full well kept 9ft Gold Crowns too

And a 10′ Verhoeven 3-Cushion Table

Yep. They have two rooms separated by a door. One room is non-smoking with 7’ Diamonds. The other is smoking with 9’ Gold Crowns. On my visit the 9’ side was packed and the 7’ side was empty. I was there about 8 hours. During the day the smoke was unbearable. At night it wasn’t as bad. It could be that I acclimated but I suspect the ventilation wasn’t working properly during the day.

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep. They have two rooms separated by a door. One room is non-smoking with 7’ Diamonds. The other is smoking with 9’ Gold Crowns. On my visit the 9’ side was packed and the 7’ side was empty. I was there about 8 hours. During the day the smoke was unbearable. At night it wasn’t as bad. It could be that I acclimated but I suspect the ventilation wasn’t working properly during the day.

When they have a big tournament, both sides are non-smoking.