Camel or Gold

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Doing my table in new simonis 860 and have the color narrowed to either camel or gold. Anyone who has experience with those colors would appreciate your input. Currently
covered in expresso which I find too dark. Have to use black chalk which is rather messy.
Thanks

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Doing my table in new simonis 860 and have the color narrowed to either camel or gold. Anyone who has experience with those colors would appreciate your input. Currently
covered in expresso which I find too dark. Have to use black chalk which is rather messy.
Thanks

I put Camel Gorina Basalt on my table. Loved it. But, Camel and Gold seem like the same color to me. I guess Camel is a little browner??

Freddie <~~~ a little browner, like butterscotch or caramel

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
IMO, SInce you're down to two similar colors, consider which of the two more closely matches the available colors of your preferred chalk brand.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’m on my second gold and would do it again. It’s good on the eyes. What table is it going on?

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The lighter color wood would look great with gold or camel. You might have to flip a coin. Either is a good choice

Attachments

• 13F8B579-D496-4E0C-89E3-D134762ED803.jpeg
    13F8B579-D496-4E0C-89E3-D134762ED803.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 322
  • A759F3E0-3231-48CF-9745-CC8D8321C346.jpg
    A759F3E0-3231-48CF-9745-CC8D8321C346.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, but it looks different on different suppliers websites and I am not sure

if I like it better than camel or gold

PM me your address and I’ll send you a small sample piece of the Mocha from my last recover. You’ll have a near-new actual piece to compare.

Or send me an email: toKerry@aol.com

~ K.

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Camel or Gold. That's easy. Gold is very valuable as opposed to a Camel. You have to feed and water a Camel. Oh, you meant color...……….

Sorry. Gold.

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had camel on my last table. I don't have a table anymore.

When friends would come over to play, I found it necessary to have them wipe the (loose) blue chalk off their cues. There's so much blue pigment in it and it's tough getting it out of the camel cloth. I'm sure the problem would be the same with gold or any light color.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had camel on my last table. I don't have a table anymore.

When friends would come over to play, I found it necessary to have them wipe the (loose) blue chalk off their cues. There's so much blue pigment in it and it's tough getting it out of the camel cloth. I'm sure the problem would be the same with gold or any light color.

I tend to take soft cloth and lightly wipe the blue tip off. Chalk it good with tan or gold chalk and no blue gets on the cloth. The biggest issue (not not a problem)is the light chalk gets some blue on it.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks
Both good colors - gold is a little brighter than Camel. If you're table lighting is excellent, either will work, but if you're table lighting is lacking, gold will help brighten up the surface more. Personally I prefer the camel. Remember that blue chalk will be a problem getting on either of those colors of cloth, and is hard to remove, so you always need to remind those that bring their own cues over to play on your table to remove all the blue chalk and re-chalk with the camel/gold chalk before playing.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your Simonis 860 Mocha cloth sample is already in the this morning, sir.

~ K.

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Both good colors - gold is a little brighter than Camel. If you're table lighting is excellent, either will work, but if you're table lighting is lacking, gold will help brighten up the surface more. Personally I prefer the camel. Remember that blue chalk will be a problem getting on either of those colors of cloth, and is hard to remove, so you always need to remind those that bring their own cues over to play on your table to remove all the blue chalk and re-chalk with the camel/gold chalk before playing.

I have whatever color is on the table in post 10... As a decorator touch, it looks really
nice in my room...but the above concern is to be noted, as well as if you have less than great lighting the edges of the balls can blend in and be more difficult to see
(I'm on the older side, so this may/may not be a concern for you).

If I do recover my table, I will go with another color.

td