Brunswick's 175th Anniversary

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Is this some kind of joke or trap?
I told you a couple weeks ago you're wrong about your opinion and that opinions don't mean fact. You were like 'I'm right because it's my opinion'. You left me bad rep for it.

I am not wasting anymore time on you. Let's just agree to disagree. You won't ever see me commenting on your posts :)

Trent from Toledo:thumbup:

Do you not actually follow what is going on with Pool?? Matchroom is partnered with Rasson for 2 more years. I think they will most likely re-up their deal with them after that as well.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yeah i know they are a multibillion dollar manufacturer and holdings company.....if brunswick had just stuck to pool and bowling theyd have been bankrupt long ago. They have big hands in fishing/bay boats and reels and such among other things. Remember those old Zebco 33 bait casters....guess who made dem reels :)

Sucks for pool but its not like they did something dumb, like stick to dying trends....its a company they shouldn't run it into the ground even if it means moving away from their origins.

thats life.....at least we got the wonderful things we did...lots of history.
I live in Tulsa and Zebco was part of every kids life here. Good, cheap fishing equipment. Brunswick owned them from '61 to '01. As for pool tables, iirc the last all-US built tables were made around '79. Everything since has had sub-assemblies made overseas and then assembled/shipped in Bristol.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Golden West already built a Kling, they had one in Tulsa at Ameni's

Young Brostoski did ? (he Owned G.W. and passed a few yrs back I heard). When not exactly sure?

I was best friends with his dad Adam/Paramount Billiards on Long Beach Blvd. Back in the 70's we were going to build a pool room on the Long Beach traffic circle as it heads south towards Seal Beach/Huntington. Adam didn't like paying $800 a month, and he was getting ready to retire at that time. He ended up in....as they called it back then for OLD people, Siezure/Liesure World in Orange County, he hated it there, no one would bet more than 25 to 50 cents a game. I loved that guy. He was thee only pool room in the US that had hamburgers/homemade and had no grill. Wife baked em at home, and he would put them in a bowl of meat juices and spices, and he could serve you a Burger in less than 30 second, and they were good, mini meat loafs. Very smart man with the money. Only claimed enough to pay all his bills and then some to keep the Gov. out of his way. He always financed his new cars, but told me, don't every pay it off till at least six months of payments have been made, otherwise uncle sam will come breathing down your neck. :D I might think Helfert would have a few good peeps about him. Helfert was just down the street in Belmont Shores....Yankee Doodle Dandys' ??? I think was the name of that Beach Pool Room.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I havent read a single word any of you have said.
If I buy a new table, it will be a 10' diamond with 4 1/8 pockets. I couldn't give less of a shit if every one of you disagreed with me.

The table will play better than any table eve built, and it wont matter one iota if any of you have an opinion.

Sure, you can all come over and play.
Jason

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

If I buy a new table, it will be a 10' diamond with 4 1/8 pockets. I couldn't give less of a shit if every one of you disagreed with me.

The table will play better than any table eve built, and it wont matter one iota if any of you have an opinion.

Jason
OK...that explains you not knowing this thread isn't about you or Diamond tables?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
OK...that explains you not knowing this thread isn't about you or Diamond tables?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

What thread on this website does not have a comment like this? It would not be AZB!!!

The guy evidently needs some attention, NPR has plenty of space available!

Woops, I am giving him what he is seeking, I better stop because it will bring more people seeking the same thing.

Gooooood Morrrrning AZB!:grin-square:

Trent from Toledo

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Table legs UNDER table....

Jason

What's interesting about your post....and I am just regurgitation a statement made by a 10 yr table mechanic (that was NOT a pool player turned mechanic), that represents Diamond is this. He prefers the Gold Crown tables.

Personal choice, some like Volvos. some like Toyotas, whatever gets yah Goin'.

But tall pro players, and short ones, yah can't beat their design of having the legs tucked UNDER THE table corners MORE, so you can get your legs in a Good shooting position.

ALSO, they have something on the Foot rail called. Ball Box, and Counters for 14.1 built into the foot top rail. Huge miscue by Diamond.

When I designed and ran and did a build out of Rack Em in Denver CO (still open since early 90's, with the first gen Diamond Table, those Diamond didn't even have RAKE HOLDERS...wtf?

So I took dowels, drilled one small pilot hole into the legs, and then rested the butt end of the rake on the dowell with the rake head sitting on the ground. Simple/effective and we JUST opened.

Hard to believe that these 3 simple things were not built into their original tables.

Even harder to believe, no counters on the foot rail....21st century. :frown:

I hated hanging beads above each table (I know how they hold up in a commercial environment). Eventually the drunks playing pool would bang em around, they came apart DUH.

But I can understand your point of view.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's interesting about your post....and I am just regurgitation a statement made by a 10 yr table mechanic (that was NOT a pool player turned mechanic), that represents Diamond is this. He prefers the Gold Crown tables.

Personal choice, some like Volvos. some like Toyotas, whatever gets yah Goin'.

But tall pro players, and short ones, yah can't beat their design of having the legs tucked UNDER THE table corners MORE, so you can get your legs in a Good shooting position.

ALSO, they have something on the Foot rail called. Ball Box, and Counters for 14.1 built into the foot top rail. Huge miscue by Diamond.

When I designed and ran and did a build out of Rack Em in Denver CO (still open since early 90's, with the first gen Diamond Table, those Diamond didn't even have RAKE HOLDERS...wtf?

So I took dowels, drilled one small pilot hole into the legs, and then rested the butt end of the rake on the dowell with the rake head sitting on the ground. Simple/effective and we JUST opened.

Hard to believe that these 3 simple things were not built into their original tables.

Even harder to believe, no counters on the foot rail....21st century. :frown:

I hated hanging beads above each table (I know how they hold up in a commercial environment). Eventually the drunks playing pool would bang em around, they came apart DUH.

But I can understand your point of view.
I didn't start til around '78 but even then no one in the room i went to used those counter wheels. There were a couple straight-pool guys but everyone else was already using pennies under the rail. I agree on those bridge hooks, why they(Diamond) didn't include them(they're still an add on option) is beyond me.