Sold Ebony Willie Hoppe Professional Pool Cue

Sold Item

Lizardking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Very rare and very early wartime Brunswick Willie Hoppe Professional pool cue. Brunswick started the production of these cues as a tribute to greatest 3-Cushion Billiard player of the time, Willie Hoppe, sometime around late 1940 and early 1941. Early cues can be identified by the lack of a brass Joint, the imprinted logo "Willie Hoppe,” and the cue decal. Cues with these characteristics were made until sometime in late 1944 or during 1945 when brass was no longer needed for the war effort.

The main reason this cue is especially rare is because it is made of ebony. The number of cues produced in ebony will never be known for certain, but they are very uncommon and certainly sought after by collectors. This cue is in excellent condition. It was stored in a closet for 50 years in its original canvas case and its condition reflects that. As mentioned above, wartime joint, first signature, first label, flawless Hoppe ring and original canvas case. The pool cue is straight together and apart as far as I can tell (original fat leather wrap complicates rolling it on pool tables).

Flaws:

1 Cracked Ferrule

This cue would make a great addition to any cue collection. I would not recommend using this cue for conversion, it would be a waste of piece of history that is only getting harder to find. I do not collect cues so I am going to offer this cue to some one who would cherish it.

This is not something I would normally do but I am going to offer this cue up for offers. I am going to take offers until noon on 6/13 (PST) and will contact the person who has given me the best offer that is above $OLD. All offers must be submitted by PM, offers posted publicly will not be considered. Please view the attached photos as they are an integral part of the description.
The cue is being offered as is, what you see is what you get, however, I guarantee that the cue is in the condition stated above or I will refund the buyers money without a second thought.

Thank you to everybody who showed interest. The pool cue has been sold.

Last edited:

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Wow. Amazing offering here. Just picked up a few cues (including a Hoppe) so I need to sit this one out. Best of luck with the sale.