Help me identify this McDermott

Teufelsmark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I found this cue in a pawn shop today and picked it up for 45.00. I believe it is a McDermott C-1 and not the M11B due to the joint not being 3/8 x 10 (it is 5/16 x 10 i believe), the lighter color, and the uneven points. Can anyone help me confirm this for sure what this cue is and how much it is worth? The only thing wrong with it were some cracks in the finish close to the joint on the butt.

2013-08-03_19-17-08_381.jpg

2013-08-03_21-09-19_109.jpg

2013-08-03_21-10-43_702.jpg

2013-08-03_21-10-56_233.jpg

2013-08-03_21-08-58_398.jpg

RayBell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It appears to be a M11B being that it has the brass insert in the shaft. Also, the C1 had a stamped logo...

Teufelsmark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is the logo on mine not stamped? Also McDermott said the M11B had a 3/8 x 10 pin and this doesn't? I mean even if it is an M11B I still came out ahead. But I would like to know for certain which it is.

RayBell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is what I meant by stamped. Your's would be more like painted.

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,418

r9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not a C-1,,, those had the small logo stamped/indented into he wood.
Been in/around the business since the C line was produced.

Teufelsmark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yea i know that... I just wanted someone else to confirm it. Would 150.00 be a reasonable asking price?

JoshStodola

My stroke is garbage
Silver Member
This is an M11B, and the joint has probably been replaced. Solid
sneaky pete pool cue but nothing collectible. I own one too, bought
it for about $200 a couple years ago.

Teufelsmark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the info Josh. That sounds like a reasonable value for this cue and closer to what I had in mind. I originally thought I had found a C-1 but after posting it on here and doing some research it turned out to be an M11B but I still come out ahead on the cue as I only paid $45 for it.

Teufelsmark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No I paid them what they were asking for it?? How is that the same as telling someone what they want for their property is too much?? I never told the pawn shop they were asking too much for their merchandise?? And im not asking you to sell me something that belongs to you for way below market value why should you expect it of me??

orangecrush

Just a banger
Silver Member
Good luck selling it for what you think it's worth with the damage the finish has..

Maybe Josh will give you $200 for it since he had one before...

Teufelsmark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok i have determined this is an M11B and have had it refinished and am now trying to sell it. What i want to know is this Mcdermott a "full Splice" cue? This may be a stupid question but I don't really understand what that means and someone wants to know. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Brian

jmercer

Registered
McDermott recently refurbish my M11B. I had Jayme reference the logo and that logo is from 2001 to 2003. The next one has just USA under logo and they then used just the clover logo on them.

Teufelsmark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
McDermott recently refurbish my M11B. I had Jayme reference the logo and that logo is from 2001 to 2003. The next one has just USA under logo and they then used just the clover logo on them.

Can you please explain this better im not understanding? Are you saying mine is from 2001-2003 or what?

jmercer

Registered
Yes yours is from 2003 - 2007. Sorry I really got my numbers backwards there.

On refurbishing mine they put just the clover leaf by it self.

M11B_1.jpg

[edit1 - corrected above date range & added below quotes]
Can you date it by the logo? This one has 'MADE' above logo and 'IN USA' below logo.
The logo on the cue will date it from 2003-2007. When we refinish it, our current logo would be applied (U.S.A. under the clover).
Which was not quite right as you can see mine now has just the clover.

Last edited: