Meucci Cues warning

LegitStick1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry man! That is no fun. Hope you get everything taken care of!

I sent my predator 314-2 shaft in to their warranty place and they said the diameter of the shaft was to narrow and I used too much sand paper. I never once used sand paper on that shaft. They wouldn't warranty it for me, but said they would send me a new one for $180. No thanks I do not want a brand that does not stand behind their product.

WoodyMPW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not surprised. Ordered a new shaft to match existing stock butt. Waited 3+ months at least. It arrived in a flimsy triangle box with one sheet of newspaper advertising as packaging. Bent to hell, let alone the wrong joint.

They do not care anymore.

mnotdun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ugh that was painfully sickening to read, I can only imagine your frustration. There's something seriously wrong with people like that, why lie and carry on? It seems apparent they either wrecked or lost your cue.

How could they be that busy? I can't imagine that many people are buying meucci's, I know the older generation loves them but anyone I've ever tried hit like a gummy bear. That and I never understood putting a finish coat over a wrap? Who knows maybe they were just trying to do you a favor.

Kidding, but I feel bad someone could string you a long like that. It's just so wrong.

Some people's kids man, some people's kids...

Yeah, you're right. To be honest Im 'not' in love with Meucci's, prefer my Scruggs and 70s Joss over them for sure. But all of you probably have come across a cue in your time that just hits right.. doesnt matter the cue maker, when you pick it up it fits your stroke and feels solid. Anyway, this one was it for me and the OL-1 was their only cue from that series that had that (sort of balabushka) look back then that didnt break the bank.

Last edited:

mnotdun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unreal. After 6 months and the run around they should have just sent you a new cue. That's absurd.

Awesome that you created a website for it.

Thank ya.. if it saves one person from going through anything similar then its been worth it.

mnotdun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They have finally realized that they are overbooked and are now subbing out repairs to be finished. I would say your cue will be coming back soon.

Thanks TN, but did you see the "its shipping out tomorrow" and "just applying the final coat" among many other promises.. this doesnt sound like being over-booked, it's more of a string-along until the fish stops bitin.

mnotdun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Read the emails. I'd have handled it much differently. You are a patient man! Meucci is now dead to me.

Thanks, Im either patient or too dumb to know when to quit.. my wife agrees with the latter ;)

be1163

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a similar experience approx. 13 years ago. Sent in a cue because the finished popped around all the rings and they lost my cue. After many months of going back and fourth they ended up admitting they lost it and sent me a new cue. Although the new cue was the same model the stain was different and I didn't like the cue. I will say they tried to make it better and gave me a free break cue, but the damage was done. I sold the cues and bought a custom after that!

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
They have finally realized that they are overbooked and are now subbing out repairs to be finished. I would say your cue will be coming back soon.

Over a year, I would hope so LOL.

Yet another reason to buy from a local cuemaker if you have the means to do so.

mnotdun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a similar experience approx. 13 years ago. Sent in a cue because the finished popped around all the rings and they lost my cue. After many months of going back and fourth they ended up admitting they lost it and sent me a new cue. Although the new cue was the same model the stain was different and I didn't like the cue. I will say they tried to make it better and gave me a free break cue, but the damage was done. I sold the cues and bought a custom after that!

They lost yours huh? Heard a few others like that since I started telling this story at the pool hall.. good to hear you at least got something back. A couple fellas told me they probably sold it the instant it landed in their shop - who knows.

I can tell you that Ive visited quite a few repair shops in my time and 'losing a cue' doesnt happen that often. It damn near has to grow legs.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
There is no reason for pro players to bad mouth Meucci, I'm sure they get taken care of nicely.

Although the pro players can play with any cue, the ones that are sponsored by Meucci get cues that have been subjected to some form of quality control, that seems non-existent for the average Meucci user.
The pro player gets the pick of the litter, and replacements when they need repair.
Personally I don't care or even pay attention to what pro pool players do, and I would never buy a cue because some pro player happens to play with one.
The only exception would be Judd Fuller cues and Efren Reyes, and other legitimate relationships between cuemaker and professional pool players

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
perplexed as to why BOB hasn't rectified this horrific level of customer service

it's NOT hard to be honest with customers

is he capable/willing of taking the necessary action

adam====>friend since 64

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I am sorry for your troubles. I just couldnt help but laugh a little reading thru the emails. At one point, I think in October you ask if you will get the cue back by December. They reply "oh yeah, that will be no problem at all". 5 months after December and you still dont have it back, that is pathetic customer service at best. At minumum they should have sent you a new cue to have something while they were overextending the repair time on yours.

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
They lost yours huh? Heard a few others like that since I started telling this story at the pool hall.. good to hear you at least got something back. A couple fellas told me they probably sold it the instant it landed in their shop - who knows.

I can tell you that Ive visited quite a few repair shops in my time and 'losing a cue' doesnt happen that often. It damn near has to grow legs.

Did you ever make a payment for the work supposedly done?

If you really think they were selling the cues as they come in, and then potentially replacing them (if they ever do) with cheaper cues, it seems to me that this would be a criminal enterprise, would it not?

skankhammer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow... what a f..cked up way to treat a customer. Your patience with this whole situation is incredible. Thank you for posting this . Hopefully now others considering buying a cue from meucci will know what to expect. :angry:

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
The pros that have a contract with Meucci will be switching to something else once their contract is up.
Be interesting to hear the excuses of how much they love their latest cue.....lol and how good it makes them shoot and how easy it is to shoot with it etc. etc.

You can't blame them. As long as the checks keep coming in they will smile and wave. They get paid to play with something someone else has to pay for. Get a cue that is exactly to their specs and probably hand pick through a hundred shafts for the 3 or 4 they like. What could be wrong. Even ugly people can make a pretty girl if they try enough times.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 251