Pawn shop cue ID help

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
This is one hell of thread all these posts to identify a simple common and non-valuable Adam cue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

Well it is offical it's an Adam Cue!!!!!!!!!:grin:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
thanks for all the info, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plshrk22 View Post
Wrap looks like a China cue..
Quote:
Agreed...I have never seen a nylon wrap on a quality cue.
You buy these things by the case.

are you guys saying the wrap discredits the Adam or Heubler cue possibility?

It shouldn't...my wife has an early 70's merry widow adams, had the lion sticker & everything. It has a nylon wrap.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
This is one hell of thread all these posts to identify a simple common and non-valuable Adam cue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

Well it is offical it's an Adam Cue!!!!!!!!!:grin:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

Craig, would George really have put a nylon wrap on a 'Buska?
..be like whitewashing a Lamborghini...imo

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Craig, would George really have put a nylon wrap on a 'Buska?
..be like whitewashing a Lamborghini...imo

The first cues that George built had Black Nylon Wraps on them, in the beginning / early 1960's that is all he used and if an original Balabushka is found today with one of Georges original Nylon Wraps it is considered very Rare and worth a premium.

It appears that many of his early cue owners had him change their wraps once he started using Cortland #9 Irish Linen.

So while I personally do not like playing with one, many older cues by some high end makers especially those made in the 1960's did have Nylon Wraps, what it all come down to is that you have to know what to look for and a decision can't be made by wrap alone of even by having the Pin in the shaft and not the cues butt.

Hope this helps:)

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The first cues that George built had Black Nylon Wraps on them, in the beginning / early 1960's that is all he used and if an original Balabushka is found today with one of Georges original Nylon Wraps it is considered very Rare and worth a premium.

It appears that many of his early cue owners had him change their wraps once he started using Cortland #9 Irish Linen.

So while I personally do not like playing with one, many older cues by some high end makers especially those made in the 1960's did have Nylon Wraps, what it all come down to is that you have to know what to look for and a decision can't be made by wrap alone of even by having the Pin in the shaft and not the cues butt.

Hope this helps:)

Thanx...that helps bigtime.
Probably walked away from a few winners over the years...hate nylon.
First pool cue I ever bought had a nylon wrap and I said "never again"

and thanx, AZ...this thread has enlightened me