Morris verse Thorpe one pocket stream tonight

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know what was more surprising, how bad Thorpe played or how good Morris played. I heard them saying on the stream that the nine ball entry fee was only $60, does anyone know how much the one pocket entry fee was? Thanks

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know what was more surprising, how bad Thorpe played or how good Morris played. I heard them saying on the stream that the nine ball entry fee was only $60, does anyone know how much the one pocket entry fee was? Thanks

60. I was surprised by how poorly Thorpe played. He was definitely off his game.

And take nothing away from Rodney, he played great.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a value to get a chance to match up against those rock stars.

Yes. I think it's a great value! I really wanted to go but I had too much work to do. I'm going to try to get there for the 9-ball.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm surprised Morris played in a one pocket match. Seems like it isn't his favorite or best game, but I guess with Morris' great playing ability it doesn't seem to matter much

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm surprised Morris played in a one pocket match. Seems like it isn't his favorite or best game, but I guess with Morris' great playing ability it doesn't seem to matter much

I thought he would get frustrated easier but he showed patience, and Thorpe seemed to be frustrated knowing that he should be winning. It showed when Thorpe gave up with Morris needing three balls. Two were ducks, but anything can happen so you need to let him shoot. Especially when it's hill hill. People who bet on him couldn't be happy.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cmon now...the rocket isn't pool dumb.

Pick a pool game: you (or I or she or he) can't beat him at it.

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep

Think he won the one pocket at Hard Times in LA back in 2015 I think it was.
If memory serves it was Rodney against Rafael Martinez.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

No doubt. Morris could give me 12-6 (and thanks for reminding me), but I don't know if I've ever even seen him play in a one hole tourney before last night. He showed he can run out from anywhere but what I found surprising was that he had some good moves. Thorpe seem to get frustrated and made some careless shots. They both were banking long rail shots perfectly , but Thorpe made some unusual mistakes. Including scratching twice maybe three times in one game. Morris is such a good ball striker it would be awesome to see him start playing more one pocket.

Too bad they couldn't have shot a little bit faster though...

dopop62

Registered
one-pocket tournament

Is this tournament being streamed? Unable to locate it last night..link, if possible..thanks..

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
60. I was surprised by how poorly Thorpe played. He was definitely off his game.

And take nothing away from Rodney, he played great.

He's been off since Derby imo. He game out guns a blazing, with derby being his highest achievement so far....? Correct me if I'm wrong.
He then promptly ran out of bullets, and has been throwing rocks ever since.
Seems to be an incredible amount of potential in him though.