POOL ETIQUETTE ... Everything You Need to Know

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I purposely decided to not include anything about smoking/cigarettes/vaping/chew in my video because I think these things have absolutely no place in or around any public venue or environment (including billiards establishments). Also, I didn't want to offend the "users" in my video.

I know this practice hasn't been embraced yet in all parts of the country and world, but I hope it happens in the next 10-20 years. But then the government will need to start paying out a lot more social security money with so many people living so much longer. :eek: But on the other hand, the government would save a ton on Medicare expenses.

...umm, I got the visual on that, many thanks :smile:
Did your "visual" involve "Doofus Dave" smoking "funny cigarettes," blowing smoke ring's in Dr. Dave's face, and "spittin' chew" everywhere?

Regards,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Really good video that should be common knowledge, but sometimes is not practiced. I added a few specific comments.

You mentioned not offering unrequested advice. I would take it a step further and say never make any comments during a game either positive or negative about how your opponent is playing. “Wow, you’re playing much better today!” or “Interesting that you shoot well but you don’t draw your cue straight back.”
Or "Good shot" when the shot was good but the shape sucks.
I think it is also poor etiquette when you do make an awesome shot and get great shape and your opponent just sits there with a "you just got lucky" look on his face. Sometimes, one should say "Nice shot."

Regards,
Dave

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Did your "visual" involve "Doofus Dave" smoking "funny cigarettes," blowing smoke ring's in Dr. Dave's face, and "spittin' chew" everywhere?

Regards,
Dave

..no,
no, Doofus Dave is talented, but no,
it was a little fuzzy at first, once I squinted some it was closer to a jump shot using a
bridge on a 7'r positioned in a reptile cage.

Last edited:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
..no,
no, Doofus Dave is talented, but no,
it was a little fuzzy at first, once I squinted some it was closer to a jump shot using a
bridge on a 7'r positioned in a reptile cage.
You're weird. :D

Catch you later,
Dave

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
...what???

smoker was out side the cage, the why for the bridge.

this should be in the safety section under respect :wink:

Last edited:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
...what???

shooter was out side the cage, the why for the bridge.

this should be in the safety section under respect :wink:

Again, I don't have a clue what you are talking about. :confused:

Catch you later,
Dave