pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
fellas , a corporate purchase was being considered
that might have affected many of us in the pool world

as of now my secret may not occur,but we had a little fun

i am not above jerking your chain as you often
do mine as well

This post is making me guess a billiard museum.

and it’s not about the Glenn that moonwalked

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OMG, OMG, I found out the story by accident this past Saturday! Now, although he was completely innocent, I realize why Dean waited so many years to relate the news.

Last Saturday, I ran into Jackpot at the Temple Bowling establishment. He was getting his balls polished(but that is another story). At any rate, I offer to buy him a beer and discuss old times when he was one of the roosters at the Cotton Bowling Palace.

We were barely into the first bottle(Jackpot doesn't handle booze too well but that is another story) when two gentlemen in dark blue suits and wearing thin ties come up to the table, show their ID(FBI) and ask to speak to Jackpot in private.

I vacated the table, watched some guys bowling and about 30 minutes later, the 2 men leave and I rush over to the table. Jackpot is chugging his beer. I order him another(I am very generous but that is another story) and ask him what those guys wanted.

Jackpot told me "You will probably see the story on Fox News Monday or Tuesday, so I guess it doesn't matter if you hear it a little early.

Here it is, from Jackpot's lips to your ears(well, almost):

In the summer of 1963, Dean was in the CPB trying to sell a cue to anyone for $12. He claimed it was a special cue, one that could put more English on a cueball than any other cue he had owned. Lee Harvey Oswald was playing snooker at the time and came over to ask Dean about the cue. LHO asked to see the cue but Dean did not have it with him but he told LHO and everyone that it was "special" and that they would really be pleased if they bought it sight unseen. LHO asked Dean if he had a Polaroid(younger readers go to Wikipedia) of the cue. He did not but offered Lee a money back guarantee if he was dis-satisfied with this "special" cue. LHO bought the cue.

You might think this is the end of the story but, like one of Dean's posts, it only gets longer and better.

Jackpot continues, "summer rolls by and along in October, Jack Ruby is in the CPB playing some golf with other regulars of the establishment. Dean is in the game and during the course of the activity, Ruby shows them a little snub-nosed .38 caliber pistol he just bought at a pawnshop. Dean could not decide if this was news or if Jack was warning those playing what could happen if he lost any sizeable amount of cash. No one else in the game was "heeled" and Jack won some cash.

Earlier in this thread, you might recall that I posted about visiting CPB in "63" in early November and meeting Jack Breit, a.k.a. as "Jersey Red". According to those agents and related truthfully by Jackpot, Red was an FBI undercover agent who played pool well enough to infiltrate "dens of sin"(words my Mom liked to use about pool halls) and ferret out threats to our President. I know, sounds totally unbelievable but the agents told this to Jackpot and Dean knows that this man never lies or exaggerates-the truth and nothing but the truth.

Dean has, ever since that fateful day in November of '63, felt partially responsible for what occurred. See, it turns out that Oswald sold that cue for far more than the purchase price and bought the Carcano rifle. Just like all the cues Dean has sold over the years-worth more than the purchase price! Anyone who reads this story knows that Dean is in no way responsible but he has a big heart and conscience and has struggled all these years with the thought "What if I had sold him some golf clubs, instead?" Dean had always thought LHO's purchase was odd because he never played with that cue or bragged about it.

So what is the big secret you say? Glad you asked.

Dean has contracted Drexler Studios to, from this day forward, only build Hero Theme Cues and will buy all those cues made . You know Mighty Mouse, Superman, Spiderman, Wonder Woman. He has always felt that if only a super hero had been available and Dean could have contacted him or her, tragedy could have been averted. So, if you have a special"Hero", contact Dean to order now.

If you have read to this point and Fox News has not released the entire story, my friend you are ahead of the pack that searches for truth!

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
quite a story

i can see that this simple thread has created a spring board to great imagination
for that i am happy

Lieutenant Day of the dallas police department actually took the gun into custody
the oswald gun

about a week later i had lunch with his son Randy Day,who is now an attorney in Dallas
Randy said that the gun his dad found in the school book depository had been switched by the next day. Now this was way before there was any mention of conspiracy

i sold Randy my Rambo pool cue for $20
The rest of this speculation is not something i ever heard about,
but it was fun to read

the secret is over,not going to happen,nada,capoot,maybe