Urban Spelunking: Abandoned Snooker, Carom, and Pool Tables Around the World

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is an article from a history website specializing in pictures of abandoned historical sites and artifacts around the world.

This is definitely not the most popular article on the site but I found it very fascinating and well worth the time it took to look at the pictures. Article is entitled, "14 Abandoned Snooker Tables, Billiard Rooms & Pool Halls".

I would be curious to know if the California site is actually abandoned private property or if it is really just an old ghost town redesigned as a tourist trap (that would be my guess).

https://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/2016/04/abandoned-snooker-tables-billiard-rooms-pool-halls/

Hopefully, the link works; if not, just cut and paste.

Bodie is a real ghost town that sits on private or government property. You have to pay an access fee and it’s higher if you want to stay through sunset if I remember correctly. When I was there about 10 years ago it was definitely not a tourist trap. No services or stores. Many of the buildings are roped off or shut so you can look inside but not go inside to protect the site.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I refuse to believe that these are just abandoned tables. In this day and age especially buildings and physical businesses it is accounted for by somebody. Now they can be left there to rot but just like selling any business and its assets, somebody will hopefully buy these tables.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I refuse to believe that these are just abandoned tables. In this day and age especially buildings and physical businesses it is accounted for by somebody. Now they can be left there to rot but just like selling any business and its assets, somebody will hopefully buy these tables.

You might be surprised. I have seen abandoned hospitals with hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars worth of stuff left in them.

Go to YouTube. Search abandoned places. Search urban exploration. It's a mind blower.

You'll see houses full of stuff, furniture, clothes, family pictures,with cars in the garage. Stores full of stuff. Factories full of stuff.

Not always of course, but sometimes. Often the scavengers got there first, and the vandals. But occasionally you'll see a place that was abandoned long ago and everything inside is intact. It can be spooky.

Mr Slate

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Silver Member
What a shame. Some looked like they were in better condition than the ones on craigslist.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

There was a poolroom in Chicago with a bunch of nice old tables that finally got put up for sale not that long ago.

Had been sitting for quite a few years.
Jason

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s just sad to see them sitting there and I’m sure they’re playable.

Surely someone wants them.