MEZZ EXCEED HYPE oR superb playing cue ?????

Cross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to think that there was really no discernible difference in the playability of a standard mezz cue vs an exceed cue until i tried a friend’s ec7. Both the ec 7 and my exceed are wrapless and both with united joint so we were able to interchange the shafts. The feel of the hit was so much more resonant in the exceed butt compared to the ec7. It would seem that the unique construction method of exceed cues ( one piece core from the joint to the handle) really does make it stand out compared to other production cues

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to think that there was really no discernible difference in the playability of a standard mezz cue vs an exceed cue until i tried a friend’s ec7. Both the ec 7 and my exceed are wrapless and both with united joint so we were able to interchange the shafts. The feel of the hit was so much more resonant in the exceed butt compared to the ec7. It would seem that the unique construction method of exceed cues ( one piece core from the joint to the handle) really does make it stand out compared to other production cues

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thats exactly what my coach said to me when i asked him about the difference between regular Mezz and Exceed;)

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it might feel different/better than a regular Mezz but it can't play better, or worse for that matter

Jimbojim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never tried an Exceed nor have seen one in person but I can vouch for the playability of Mezz cues in general. Best production cue out there.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never tried an Exceed nor have seen one in person but I can vouch for the playability of Mezz cues in general. Best production cue out there.

I have only just purchased a Mezz Cue. My first one. So after a week of playing with it. I would agree with you. I am very happy with mine. Great cue and very balanced.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I might go over to the darkside with the Mezz too.

I was shooting with a friend's and was really surprised by the playability and finish of the cue.

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have only just purchased a Mezz Cue. My first one. So after a week of playing with it. I would agree with you. I am very happy with mine. Great cue and very balanced.

Just played my 1st Mezz few weeks ago liked playability so much decided to try exceed build as my player!

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just played my 1st Mezz few weeks ago liked playability so much decided to try exceed build as my player!

After I read about the Exceed. I started checking them out. They are beautiful. If I can sell my OB Cue. I might pick one up too.

pinkspider

Crap user name, I know.
Silver Member
Aside from choice woods, (and intricate workmanship on the fancy models) the playability of an exceed is generally better.

While it’s laughable to describe a subjective quality as as such (since its dependent on your stroke as well), but the weight distribution on all exceeds that i’ve tried (over 10), the balance has always been comfortable regardless of stroke (not to say that it will be perfect for everyone, YMMV). I’ve tried far more mezz cues, and while they are excellent cues (have not encountered a turd mezz yet) the balance and weight distribution varies more than the exceed.

Whether or not the premium you pay for and exceed is justifiable, that’s personal and I cannot answer. I would pay for one tho

Cross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aside from choice woods, (and intricate workmanship on the fancy models) the playability of an exceed is generally better.

While it’s laughable to describe a subjective quality as as such (since its dependent on your stroke as well), but the weight distribution on all exceeds that i’ve tried (over 10), the balance has always been comfortable regardless of stroke (not to say that it will be perfect for everyone, YMMV). I’ve tried far more mezz cues, and while they are excellent cues (have not encountered a turd mezz yet) the balance and weight distribution varies more than the exceed.

Whether or not the premium you pay for and exceed is justifiable, that’s personal and I cannot answer. I would pay for one tho

as much as I like the Exceed " hit " , I dont like the balance. All the Exceed butts I have tried were too light. I think just over 14 oz without weightbolt. You would need a very heavy shaft to get a forward balanced cue, specially if you also want both the shaft and butt to go over 19 oz.

This is my one and only rant about exceed cues. But the Hit and build quality is insanely good

pinkspider

Crap user name, I know.
Silver Member
That’s their style – an ‘even’ balance cue. If you prefer a forward balance I believe you can specify in your order