Sweet Tooth Billiards Tournaments

ingins

Shoot from the Hip
Silver Member
8 and under 9 ball at Sweet Tooth Billiards handicap -2 Sign up starts at 7pm
5, 10 and 20 dollar side pot 20 is winner take all entry fee is $10 greens fee is 10 dollars so no quarters

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
I would love to be there. But I live 3 hours away. I am glad he is doing these tournies and want to show my support. Maybe I can send an entry fee just to help even though i cant show.

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
That's a great gesture Center Pocket!

In speaking with Mike the other day, he is really hurting from the pool side of things. League night (W ednesday) is the only night that all the tables are full. Tournaments have been hit or miss. He's added hundreds to every tournament and still not getting the people needed.

Luckily he has a good poker group that play every single night till wee hours of the morning.

It would be a real shame if one of the nicest pool halls in Arizona can't make it. They are the only room in Phoenix with Diamond Barboxes and 9 footers. I guess too many players are stuck on bucket pocket valleys or something.

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
I think metros tables are horrible. Like playing on an ice skating rink. The nine foots are only good for straight pool IMO.

I agree Mike's tables are the best in the state. That alone should be drawing in players. Also it would be nice to see his room host DCT event next year.

i dont know what the area is like around there but it all boils down to marketing and the clientel your trying to attract.

If someone opened up a descent pool hall here in Sierra Vista, it would take off. The soldiers here have money to spend. Theres over 10,000 soldiers here with regular pay checks and this town is small, but growing.

Just a thought

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I like Mike and his room, its nice and the poker is a plus even though I do not play much anymore, my best scores were in poker with plenty in the 1,000-2,000 range, best was $6,000 in 7 hours. I know at Kolby's we have 32 regularly with 38 2 weeks ago setting a record for it but it was broken this past Tuesday with 43. I am not sure if its just a West Side thing with all the competition over there that is making it tough for Mike or what. I do hope it picks up for him.

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
Not to Hijack too much, but all the Metro tables were re-done. Brunswick sent guys out and they rebuilt them all with new slates, new rubber, new felt. They also changed the layout of the room and now there are no bad tables. They too are having problems getting enough people to play tourneys on the big tables.

The competition in the area is a huge deal. You have Metro Sportz with 9 barboxes, 9 GC's, then 1 mile West you have Bullshooters with 50 tables, then another 1 mile West you have Sweet Tooth with 10 Diamond barboxes and 3 Diamond 9 footers. Then 1 mile south you have Northern Lounge with 5 barboxes.

3 out of the 4 places have tournaments, excluding Bullshooters which only hosts big events like the DCT this weekend and the Team Dmiro 10-ball in December.

I really hope that if the DCT adds another event, they will do a Barbox event at Sweet Tooth.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Not to Hijack too much, but all the Metro tables were re-done. Brunswick sent guys out and they rebuilt them all with new slates, new rubber, new felt. They also changed the layout of the room and now there are no bad tables. They too are having problems getting enough people to play tourneys on the big tables.

The competition in the area is a huge deal. You have Metro Sportz with 9 barboxes, 9 GC's, then 1 mile West you have Bullshooters with 50 tables, then another 1 mile West you have Sweet Tooth with 10 Diamond barboxes and 3 Diamond 9 footers. Then 1 mile south you have Northern Lounge with 5 barboxes.

From the people I talk to around the Valley of the Sun everyone is hurting because of the RECESSION, and IMHO Sweet Tooth has two negatives. Bar boxes that are $.75/GAME verses the majority of the Valley that charge $.25-$.50/Game, and also STB serves NO ALCOHOL.

Tournament playing regulars are playing less tournaments because of the RECESSION.

I was told today by a guy I know who work for AZ Corrections, that AZ Corrections will be early outing over 10,000 INMATES from the State Prison System, and LAYING OFF 2,000 Officers.

Thing are not good in the AZ Economy, and I personal see no end in site, we can thank the former Governor, now Secretary of homeland Security for this mess.