Gene Albrecht Skype

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did a Skype lesson with Gene yesterday. It was nice to spend time with a knowledgeable pool player. It was easy and fun, and I learned a lot. As good as an in person lesson, in my opinion. Highly recommended.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fun as usual. Kevin was great to work with..

I did a Skype lesson with Gene yesterday. It was nice to spend time with a knowledgeable pool player. It was easy and fun, and I learned a lot. As good as an in person lesson, in my opinion. Highly recommended.

This was great. Kevin had bought the Perfect Aim video so I sent him a message telling him I would do the whole lesson on skype , no charge. We had done the lesson over the phone a few years back but there was a little confusion as to how it all worked. As we got going on skype it was pretty obvious to me that Kevin is left eye dominant. I made sure that he could see this and in a matter of minutes, Kevin was sure the left eye was it. Like with many players of Kevin's caliber, his stroke was fine and stance. We just had to adjust the stance a little to accommodate his dominant left eye. Once this was done we went to work.

As usual with every person that is left eye dominant Kevin had trouble shooting a cut to the right. After shooting the shot about 7 to 8 times with no adjustments with little success, we went to work adjusting the dominant eye so the shot looked right and Kevin was consistently making the same shot and seeing the shot so much better.

One thing that was really nice about skype was I could look at everything on the camera so much better than in person. Just like a player can look at themselves on camera and see some things they didn't know they were doing. I can do this skype lesson with anyone, anywhere with great success. This is the 15th one I have done and the results were great with everyone.

Then we went to something that is fairly new with my teachings. Depending on which eye is the dominant eye the player has difficulty getting low right English or low left English. One was they get plenty of English but the other way they don't and it doesn't even look right. I not only show the player the problem but I have the solution to the problem.

So basically there are two huge problems that the dominant/non-dominant cause by naturally fighting over the position. First one is the player has trouble cutting to the right or the left and whichever way they have the trouble they can actually see it is a vision problem once it is pointed out. Once the eye position is corrected the player can not only see it looks better but the ball goes in the hole. Kevin was no exception to this. It was fun to see the look on his face when the ball just kept rolling down the rail into the pocket.

Then we did the outside low right and low outside left and the same thing. The low left was easy for Kevin to get but the low right English felt kind of not right. All has to do with where the dominant eye was and is. Once we made some adjustments it was easy for Kevin to see the problem and how to correct this.

How can a player play pool if they have trouble cutting to the left or the right? Some players adjust better than others naturally but for the most part a players ability is consistent with how well the eyes naturally get where they need to be. But and it is a big BUT, this can be taught to be done manually and with great success.

How can a player play pool is they can use right English easily but the left Englis is a problem. Again, this can be corrected naturally by playing 100 hours a week or, and this is a big OR, your can learn how to do this manually.

I've touted Perfect Aim as an aiming system for years but in all reality, it is not an aiming system but a collection of methods to get the eyes correct so a player can envision the shot correctly. There was no blueprint to follow in figuring this out. Noone every has figured it out. After traveling the country for 5 years, over 2,000 full lessons, I can confidently say I have all the answers when it comes to the eyes. And with skype now i can reach any player anywere in the world and teach them this. What took me 15 years to perfect, you can learn is 2 to 3 hours on skype.

The lesson is priceless compared to what it can do to your game. My boast that this will cut your misses in half almost immediately is an underestimate.

When i traveled on the road i charged $300 per lesson and I could do it at this price because I would do so many in one poolhall. Now with Skype, I am doing these for only $150. At that price, if the players knew ahead of time how much this would help their game I would never get any sleep. At this price any player that learns this is stealing but that is OK. I'm not going to be around forever and there is no one else to learn this from. I challenge anyone anywhere to say any different.

My number 715-563-8712. If any player is not totally blown away with what they have learned I will pay you the $150. Now that's putting it out there. And I don't care if you are playing on the pro tour. This will help anyone, from the beginner to the pro.

If I don't answer the phone, I'm either giving a lesson or sleeping. I will be getting back to you soon.

Thanks Kevin for letting me teach you this and the great testimonial on AZ. :thumbup: