UPDATE: UPA Pros Switch to 10-Ball

JrockJustin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The 6th Annual UPA Predator Florida Open will make another historic move as it changes from 9-Ball to 10-Ball. This will be the first time the UPA has sanctioned a 10-Ball event. The reason for the switch was the rising complaints and criticisms from the top pros of the rules of 9-Ball and problems with the rack and soft breaking. The pros had a meeting and voted for the switch over to 10 Ball for this event.

"10-Ball is just a much better game. Don't get me wrong, of course I won so many 9-Ball titles and my career was built on playing 9-Ball, but now times have changed and pool is evolving.10-Ball is designed for the better players because there's more play involved and strategy. Plus guys will have to break them hard now because there is no free corner ball going in like in a 9-Ball rack." says 4 time World 9 Ball Champion Johnny Archer.
More Quotes From Top Players. and reasons for the switch can be found at www.seyberts.com

Cool!

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is good news IMO. The break is so important in nine ball and a great breaker has too much advantage over the opponent. I practice ghost ten ball almost exclusively and consider it much more of a challenge than nine ball.
Dan

sniper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a really great thing for the players, just imagine how much of the feuding over racks it will get rid of. I wished there were more ten ball events, the Florida Pro Tour seemed to have no problems since it changed all of it's events to ten ball.

jjinfla

Banned
Ah, but will the other UPA events also be 10 ball or just this one?

I think the real reason this event is 10 ball is because it is more of a FPT event than a UPA event and FPT is 10 ball.

I believe this event will count in the standings for the FPT. And it is listed as a stop on the Florida Tour. So I don't think that because this event, which is sanctioned by the UPA, is 10 ball means anything as far as future events that the UPA sanctions.

Jake

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
if azb is any reflection,,,i think people are getting tired of 9ball.

S

Scottster

I am glad to hear of the switch. Hopefully it will lead to all events switching.