"Tex" Fitzgerald

aplusbilliard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a customer that has a cue made by Tex in the early 1970's and I don't find any other information about him other than in the Burton Spain bio in the Blue book. The only thing I can think of is that he had a different name for his cues that I'm not aware of. Any assistance from people with direct knowledge of the cue maker would be greatly appreciated

MidLifeCrisis

Just loves cues...
Silver Member
Might be able to help...

Tex frequents a room here in Nashville, TN.. If you can pm me or post a picture of the cue...I'd be more than happy to show it to him and ask if it's his...
Clint

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
If Tex is in fact alive and well, please let him know that I would like to have a conversation with him as soon as reasonably possible.

Thanks in advance for your time.

P.S. I can be contacted here or via The Chicago Billiard Musem website.

MidLifeCrisis

Just loves cues...
Silver Member
If Tex is in fact alive and well, please let him know that I would like to have a conversation with him as soon as reasonably possible.

Thanks in advance for your time.

P.S. I can be contacted here or via The Chicago Billiard Musem website.

I would be more than happy to pass this along...
Clint

MidLifeCrisis

Just loves cues...
Silver Member
How interesting...
I just checked out your Chicago Billiard Museum website and low and behold is Melrose Billiards right here in Nashville. That's where I shoot daily LOL...The place looked a lot nicer back in the day, and Melrose is in need of a full makeover now :frown:. Being in a basement since its inception, underneath the old bowling alley, the flood we had a couple of years ago really did some damage.
The strip mall above(no leases-abandoned) is about to be completely rehabilitated with stores and restaurants, and a new condo building as well... Hopefully this will help in the reconstruction of Melrose and bring it up to date.
Thanks for your post...its been enlightening and a pleasure to read thru!!
Clint

Last edited: