to many up's and down's what to do?

Train1077

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yesterday when I was practising everything went perfect. Today nothing worked, I couldn't see the lines. I believe that I did my pre-shot like yesterday, but it still felt wrong. On the long straight balls I hit on the left side of the object ball every time. I thought I aimed correct, but then right on the stroke I could feel/see it would miss.

I actually don't know how I aim. Left eye, right eye, in between, 80/20 or something really different. But I know my right eye is dominant.

From what I know, there is no correct way? Am I wrong?

I uploaded a video of my stroke from the front, would someone comment on it, and all help and tips will be appreciated. How can I fix it, and do the same every time?

http://youtu.be/G3Fqd0umGPA

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Ups and downs is part of the normal cycle that we all have been through in this game. I actually look forward to those cycles when I am not playing well, because I know that when I break out of it, I will be playing a bit better then before. So hang in there.

On your video, it is tough to tell, but it appears to me that you are not delivering the cue on a straight line to the cueball. It looks like the cue is moving along a slight arc from the backstroke. Look at where your cuetip finishes up on the shot, it is almost like you are sweeping across the face of the cueball.

I really need to study your video again, before I can add anything else.

Yesterday when I was practising everything went perfect. Today nothing worked, I couldn't see the lines. I believe that I did my pre-shot like yesterday, but it still felt wrong. On the long straight balls I hit on the left side of the object ball every time. I thought I aimed correct, but then right on the stroke I could feel/see it would miss.

I actually don't know how I aim. Left eye, right eye, in between, 80/20 or something really different. But I know my right eye is dominant.

I uploaded a video of my stroke from the front, would someone comment on it, and all help and tips will be appreciated. How can I fix it, and do the same every time?

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well, I tuned in to your video, took a sip of coffee and it was over. 10 Seconds of you shooting is not a whole lot to analyze.

Question: Why are you shooting with a Z2 shaft as oppposed to the 314?

Shaky1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look again! Your cue was aimed right where you shot!!!
I have the same problem. You aimed to the right. I aim left of where I think I aim. :(

Shaky1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry!!!!!!
Maybe I shouldn't have replied in this area? I'm not an instructor.
I just couldn't help it! I watched it.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Well,

one shot is hard to rate- but imo you seem to be not good aligned- hitting the ball not on the vertical axis.

but really hard to see it perfectly from that one shot:)

lg
Ingo

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
Warm-up routine?

Could be many things. Do you have a warm-up routine?
Many players practice by just throwing the balls on the table and shooting randomly, or playing games. One day they'll run the rack, the next they'll miss shots for a while. They may need to consider a warm-up routine.

A regular warm-up routine can "set you up" correctly and get you in stroke more quickly. By "set you up" I mean beginning with basic simple shots that you can consciously hit with your best stroke.
There are many warm-up routines that work for various players. I teach "keeping it simple", - shooting half a dozen or more easy shots CORRECTLY before trying anything difficult (shots that may bring out flaws).

In other words, if your first few shots of the day are executed correctly, you will likely play well. If any of your first few shots are misses, you will likely struggle a bit that day. I want my first shot of the day (and my last shot of the day) to be perfectly executed!

Donny L
PBIA/ACS Instructor
Gainesville, Fl

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member
Heres what I saw.

Coming across the ball right to left.
Some body and head movement.
Pause at the back to give time to shift eyes from CB to OB and allow smooth transition of cue.
Not accelerating through the ball, maybe even slight decel.

JLiang91@

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could be many things. Do you have a warm-up routine?
Many players practice by just throwing the balls on the table and shooting randomly, or playing games. One day they'll run the rack, the next they'll miss shots for a while. They may need to consider a warm-up routine.

A regular warm-up routine can "set you up" correctly and get you in stroke more quickly. By "set you up" I mean beginning with basic simple shots that you can consciously hit with your best stroke.
There are many warm-up routines that work for various players. I teach "keeping it simple", - shooting half a dozen or more easy shots CORRECTLY before trying anything difficult (shots that may bring out flaws).

In other words, if your first few shots of the day are executed correctly, you will likely play well. If any of your first few shots are misses, you will likely struggle a bit that day. I want my first shot of the day (and my last shot of the day) to be perfectly executed!

Donny L
PBIA/ACS Instructor
Gainesville, Fl

Wow, well said. i should try this too.. Some time my first few shots are tough ones and i missed, which makes me think alot on my cue-ing. Some day i play very good some day i dont. haha thanks Donny!:wink: