Wondering what happened to Rocket Man

Bob Romano

Bob' Wife
Silver Member
Anyone remember Rich aka Rocket Man out of Illinois from the 80's and 90's ? Phenomenal player haven't heard about him in years. Anyone have any updates?
Thanks

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone remember Rich aka Rocket Man out of Illinois from the 80's and 90's ? Phenomenal player haven't heard about him in years. Anyone have any updates?
Thanks

Rodney Morris came on the scene and took his name and forced him into retirement and seclusion. He can never show his face again as long as Rodney is still around.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rodney Morris came on the scene and took his name and forced him into retirement and seclusion. He can never show his face again as long as Rodney is still around.

Ha! :thumbup:

Kind of like when Marcellus Wallace tells Butch in "Pulp Fiction"..."you've lost all your L.A. Privileges, you be gone and you stay gone".

I gotta chuckle out of imagining Rodney giving the same ultimatum.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Rocket Man?
He's...Burnin' out his fuse up here alone...
And, as everyone knows...Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids...

:thumbup:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
This man has commandeered the moniker ROCKET...
....And he ain't giving it back.

image.jpg

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rich "Rocket Man" Slupik hawked the Chicago action scene during the 70s and 80s. He got the moniker because he went off when he got his nose open, providing action anywhere he went.

A super nice guy who would bend over backwards to make a game, even if he gave up the stone mortal nutz. I heard he got sick in the 90s and haven't heard of him since.

Bobby Cotton said Rich was the standard for gauging the abilities of all players since everybody knew his speed from watching him play a million times. A player was said to play about Rocket Man's speed or a ball better, etc. :grin:

Best,
Mike

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sugar Ray Leonard stole his monniker too...

The original Rocketman, Elton John will have something to say about that
And everyone knows what Elton says is the gospel . No one can trump megadiva Elton
Heck even diva queen Madonna cannot fade Elton:D

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
LOL Tramp. I get the feeling the OP no likey all of our responses ☺

That's because, to original Posters, he or she thinks their's is the most important post that has ever been offered on this fine forum, when, in fact, it's only one of several million that have come down the pike, and, more than likely, has been duplicated many times before. Sure, posts have relevance, but they are rarely pearls of wisdom. As a matter-of-fact a great many posts seen today are of the 'guess what I saw on Facebook' variety.
All of us should keep this place (AZB) in it's proper perspective. It is a forum where ordinary Joes, like you and me, who enjoy and participate in the many venues of cue sports can have some fun interacting with each other and perhaps learn something new along the way.
Sure, a Pro might stick his or her head in here from time to time, and we certainly have our share of instructors, cue makers, and table mechanics, but all-in-all it's just us ordinary chickens (no offense Brian) that make this place what it is. :smile:

Last edited: