Tournament Software

Gate City

Owner of Gate City Billia
Silver Member
Sorry, but I originally posted this in the main forum and the room owners forum because I did not know this forum existed. So I'm reposting it here. Hope I don't get in trouble for posting this too many times.

I am the owner of Gate City Billiards Club in Greensboro, NC. About a year ago I purchased a copy of IngenPool tournament software and have been nothing but impressed from day one. For starters, it is very inexpensive (priced too low in my opinion). It is also the only tournament software I could find that is designed specifically for pool tournaments. For example:
  • Assigns Tables
  • Informs you if either player just came off that table
  • Allows you to flag a player to be watched
  • Times each match
  • Does the draw for you automatically
  • Allows you to move players after the draw
  • Allows you to redraw if you made a mistake
  • Shows you the recommended next match to play
  • Calculates payouts based on your parameters and then allows you to adjust at any time
  • Keeps a player database with handicaps you assign
  • Provides the ability to upload your tournaments so that players can view results on-line
  • And a lot more

I don't normally plug a product like this, but I am making an exception here because this is a great product at a great value. If you run a lot of tournaments and are currently doing it manually, I strongly recommend you try this software.

I also take this one step further and I broadcast the tournament bracket to one of our big screen TVs. The players love it.

I have no affiliation with this product, and I am not being compensated in any way by the company that created it. As a matter of fact, they have no idea I am posting this.

cuemaker03

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like a great program!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but I originally posted this in the main forum and the room owners forum because I did not know this forum existed. So I'm reposting it here. Hope I don't get in trouble for posting this too many times.

I am the owner of Gate City Billiards Club in Greensboro, NC. About a year ago I purchased a copy of IngenPool tournament software and have been nothing but impressed from day one. For starters, it is very inexpensive (priced too low in my opinion). It is also the only tournament software I could find that is designed specifically for pool tournaments. For example:
  • Assigns Tables
  • Informs you if either player just came off that table
  • Allows you to flag a player to be watched
  • Times each match
  • Does the draw for you automatically
  • Allows you to move players after the draw
  • Allows you to redraw if you made a mistake
  • Shows you the recommended next match to play
  • Calculates payouts based on your parameters and then allows you to adjust at any time
  • Keeps a player database with handicaps you assign
  • Provides the ability to upload your tournaments so that players can view results on-line
  • And a lot more

I don't normally plug a product like this, but I am making an exception here because this is a great product at a great value. If you run a lot of tournaments and are currently doing it manually, I strongly recommend you try this software.

I also take this one step further and I broadcast the tournament bracket to one of our big screen TVs. The players love it.

I have no affiliation with this product, and I am not being compensated in any way by the company that created it. As a matter of fact, they have no idea I am posting this.

RoadHustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IngenPool

Couldn't agree more I have used IngenPool twice a week for over a year without a single real problem. The only things I can even think to complain about is that if you try to copy the data from your database fields using ctrl c it returns an error about allowed characters not a real issue just right click and choose copy. I have never been able to enter players late into empty slots in the bracket. No big deal really also let me add to the kick ass feature list of this program it lets you randomize player positions so you don't have to draw peas ever again. Oh and its super fast...:thumbup:

KweaSr

Wannabe Player
You CAN add players late, but only before the first set of results are entered. One a single set of results are entered it becomes too late.

I love this program, and have used it may times. I also am not affiliated with the product.

FLYINGSNAIL

Koo Cues
Silver Member
Hi,

I run a small 8 & 9 ball handicap tournament in one of our local room. I would like know if there is an free download or trial version I can take a look how that software works. Please let me know.

Thanks ahead,
Kenny Koo

waydee

Registered
Check out ALJ softwares free tournament maker, I've downloaded it but not tried it yet ,looks suitable enough.
Wayde

nelson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
alj tournament software will do all except assign the tables, also you can add players while the tournament is going on as long as the first round has not ended

Last edited: