Is it OK to use Aramith Ball Cleaner Fluid in the Ballstar Machine?

koolkatt58

Registered
I was just curious if anyone has used anything else. The instructions do mention you should use only Ballstar cleaning fluid.

Travis3c

AV Pool Nut
Silver Member
I have a ballstar and I wouldn't recommend it unless you cut it to more of a liquid than a paste. I see a huge mess happening. I use Brillianize and it works great.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Baloney.......I've used my Ballstar for the past 18 months weekly on a set of Centennial pool balls. using Aramith Cleaner.

I simply wash all of the pool balls in the sink with soap and water, air dry the balls and then apply small amounts of Aramith cleaner to each ball individually spreading the cleaner around the ball where there are any spots.

I drop 8 balls into the Ballstar and Voila.....every ball comes out pristine clean and shiny......of course, the balls don't throw well for a day or two because of the polishing but that corrects itself in 15-20 racks. I wipe the inside of the Ballstar with a damp paper towel and store it on the closet shelf until next needed which is as I said is weekly.
Periodically, I also spray the balls with Diamond Blue Mist Final Wipe and manually towel polish the balls and the set looks "Incredible".

You can barely tell my used set of Centennials from a new set I have sitting on my shelf as a back-up set just in case. Aramith is perfectly fine to use in your Ballstar Machine......I've done this 80-90 times so far and nary a single problem...........none, zilch, zippo, nada.......it works fine so ignore the banter about "I wouldn't do that" or "Better liquify the Aramith first" or "It makes a mess".........Pure Nonsense or else the people posting warnings didn't know what they were doing or talking about.

Last edited:

calibration

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What about the wax buildup on the table felt. Its there you just don't see it... A spray bottle full of water with just a little bit of soap works fantastic

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't really care s are since I only play in pool halls and the Simonis cloth my Centenniall pool balls typically play on have dust, chalk etc. despite that I always brush the table felt before I play even for practice. The Aramith regular cleaning actually allows the pool balls to maintain their lustre much longer and when you pick up the balls (retrieve them from the pockets), you can see the surface light dust that gets acquired.

The wax deposit on pool halls felt is undoubtedly more beneficial than harmful given the rough play these table customarily see. I said beneficial because if there was much of any polish.....remember this is not wax because paraffin base isn't used so it's not a wax other than by this slang referral.......it would help to make the felt more resistant to hand oils etc. that are transferred from pool players hands........every see anyone eating potato chips, Cheetos, French fries, onion rings, funions.......that stuff gets on your hands and in turn, the pool table cloth. Since Aramith also makes the pool balls, I figure the manufacturer knows what they're doing.

The soap & water works for cleaning the balls but the pool balls overall lustre is lost fairly quickly. And playing with my Centennial pool balls is really so much more enjoyable when the lustre is really shiny; the colors just stand out brilliantly against the Simonis cloth, green or blue. Gradually the throw improves from the gradual build-up on the pool balls but playing with a like new set of Centennials is a lot more enjoyable......polish the set regularly and it will remain like new.......I know fer sure.....I have two sets and one is brand new (unplayed) and after polishing the other set I regularly use with Aramith cleaner in my Ballstar machine, it is very hard to distinguish which Centennial set is new vs. used. You actually have to pick up the same numbered object ball from both sets and compare the two balls up closely to tell......and there are times when you cannot distinguish the two balls from each other.

But keep in mind that waxed or polished pool balls are not allowed to be used in any tournament.......WPA rules forbid it and pool balls can only be cleaned by washing all of the pool balls with 'only" soap and water prior to, and during, any WPA sanctioned tournament (World Pool -Billiard Association).

Last edited:

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
If all you got is a home table use Bavafongoul's method with the Ball Star. It will work real good. If you got a pool hall with more than two tables it will be a disaster. Even the Ball Star fluid will develop boogers if not shaken daily.