!!!! Check out my fully restored GC II !!!!! Whats it worth?

mmmbrains

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So....I bought this Gold Crown II for $100., It was rough but complete minus the corner castings $125, ball box (which I don't have yet and the cloth $229, I got a good deal... and about $75 in supplies, so I guess about $530 and 40 man hours. Rails are original superspeeds I put the "brushed" finish on the feet with a drill and some poly to protect. The skirts and legs stripped put on a sanding primer and black oil based finish with 6 coats of poly wet sanding up to 2000 grit to finish it feels like glass...I stained the maple highlights the "natural" color.
I was very nervous and spent a couple days leveling and took my time with the bondo, it's dead flat and level.

I know I know should have posted pics before and during the restoration process but here it is, gimmie some feedback let me know what you think its worth and Thank you RKC and everyone else on this wonderful tool of a forum for your invaluable help!!!!
DSCF5927.jpg

DSCF5921.jpg

DSCF5922.jpg

DSCF5923.jpg

DSCF5925.jpg

Rjmoncrief

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful ! I'd say ur in It pretty good at $530. The hours u put in it makes it all the more valuable to you. U did a great job. I'd love to give u the money u have in it and come pick it up......Here in Tennessee I'd say its worth around $1200-$1500. Again, great job and congrats on a great deal. :clapping:

renegadej

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
gold crown

I don't know where you are located but I'd definitely be interested in buying it if you want to sell

mmmbrains

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
renegadej, I like your estimate better than those other two....Everyone who plays pool who has seen it has tried to buy it $1200 is my best offer as of now and its been done 2 days. I'd have to get $2750 for it, one guy who saw it tried to tell me it was worth 4k.....I would totally sell it for that. I love it though and realistically doubt I could sell it, at least for what someone would pay..... I just wanted to get an idea of its value now. I can say this If I went into a pool table shop and they had this at 3.5k I would think it would be fair especially with the plywood and veneer tables people still buy for 2k and more every day.... I'm in western Ks by the way.

staypuff578

Team Ramrod
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You paid $100 for a GC?

I hate you.

Been looking for months, nothing under $1200 here in the Central Valley.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
renegadej, I like your estimate better than those other two....Everyone who plays pool who has seen it has tried to buy it $1200 is my best offer as of now and its been done 2 days. I'd have to get $2750 for it, one guy who saw it tried to tell me it was worth 4k.....I would totally sell it for that. I love it though and realistically doubt I could sell it, at least for what someone would pay..... I just wanted to get an idea of its value now. I can say this If I went into a pool table shop and they had this at 3.5k I would think it would be fair especially with the plywood and veneer tables people still buy for 2k and more every day.... I'm in western Ks by the way.

Wow, you did a great job. Regarding value, imo, when you customize something, it does not really increase the value. Certainly not anywhere near the value of your time and materials in doing the customizations.

The value has to be compared to what is currently available. For $2750, you can get a good condition GC4 all day every day. The prospective buyer would have to weigh the improvements in the GC4 vs the GC1, against your customization. I know I'd go with the GC4 in a heartbeat, even though I like the look of your table better.

On the other extreme, you have the prospective buyer who can find GC1's for 1400 all day every day, with the same playability of your table (the original Monarch cushions), but not the customized look. To that prospective buyer, they have to weigh the 1400 for other GC1's that play the same, vs 2750 for a customized appearance.

It looks like you have a great playing table (Monarch cushions must still be excellent on it), and it looks jam up to boot. Keep on playing on it, and don't worry what it would sell for is my 2 cents:)

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
You have a beautiful table. Job well done. If the slates are in good condition, I feel you should not let it go for less than $2500. Distance will dictate a final price as moving a table is a considerable cost. In all due respect I would never take a IV over a Crown II. If I am not mistake The Crown IIs were still made in the USA and the IVs were made with outside parts and materials and assembled here.

JMO

barking4action

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
89   0   0
You have a beautiful table. Job well done. If the slates are in good condition, I feel you should not let it go for less than $2500. Distance will dictate a final price as moving a table is a considerable cost. In all due respect I would never take a IV over a Crown II. If I am not mistake The Crown IIs were still made in the USA and the IVs were made with outside parts and materials and assembled here.

JMO

I probably have one of the best restored gold crown 2 in the Bay Area and couldn't sell it for 2k