How often do you have your 314 ferrule replaced?

HaroldWilson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For you 314 shaft owners how often do you change your ferrule?

You need to get the ferrules replaced professionally as the shaft is cored up to the ferrule. As such, generally you wouldn't get it replaced unless it was damaged. If this is the case then you would need to send it either to predator or to a cuemaker who is experienced replacing them, otherwise they will destroy the shafts performance by adding a ferrule with the normal procedure.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had mine replaced about ten years ago by an authorized rep. Have had no problems since then, and I always broke with it too.

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had my 314-2 ferrule replaced by Seyberts a year ago through warranty. The 314-2's were known to have ferrule issues. From what I hear the 314-3's do not have this problem...for now.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 1st generation 314, bought it new in 2005ish. I've never replaced the ferule.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've probably had a dozen or so 314, 314-2, Z, Z-2 shafts over the years. I've had the shaft wood delaminate on a few of them, but never had a ferrule break or need replacing.

ssbn610g

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 4 old 314 shafts two of which are my main playing shafts that I got back around 2005. Never had any problems.

Al.

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had 5+ of them over the years and never needed to replace a ferrule

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Never changed in 15 years of use.
Are we supposed to? Maybe that's why I can't make a ball.

Cocoa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have my ferrule changed 2-3 times per year.
Hi Jawscue,

Could you share your repairman's name? I'm curious if he has time to replace mine, he seams very busy with your repairs but he must have a wealth of experience and obviously does great work.

Cocoa

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After 10 years with a 314-1, never,
After 7 years with a Z2, never,
After 1 year with a Z2 S-tuned, never.

The 314-1 is my break cue shaft.