Emails from Vendors

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Guys.... I have dealt with a lot of people, companies and vendors in the pool community. My own job is doing IT work and I work with lots of organizations, other companies and people.

In this day and age. What is a appropriate turn around for a reply to a message, call or email? I only ask because I ordered something awhile back. 2 weeks before my order I sent them a email. Then I went ahead and placed my order. Now, 44 days later I sent another email questioning my invoice and time table.

Still nothing. I'm just kind of concerned that maybe I made the wrong choice. Typically even if someone just sends me a short reply saying, "Hey we are really backed up" for whatever reason I am ok. But I am 0 for 2 in communication with there people. I don't expect them to be Johnny on the Spot. But communication should be really easy at this point in time.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Guys.... I have dealt with a lot of people, companies and vendors in the pool community. My own job is doing IT work and I work with lots of organizations, other companies and people.

In this day and age. What is a appropriate turn around for a reply to a message, call or email? I only ask because I ordered something awhile back. 2 weeks before my order I sent them a email. Then I went ahead and placed my order. Now, 44 days later I sent another email questioning my invoice and time table.

Still nothing. I'm just kind of concerned that maybe I made the wrong choice. Typically even if someone just sends me a short reply saying, "Hey we are really backed up" for whatever reason I am ok. But I am 0 for 2 in communication with there people. I don't expect them to be Johnny on the Spot. But communication should be really easy at this point in time.

Me personally, I expect a reply within 24 hours. Anything short of that is not good business etiquette, IMO, and that entity doesn't deserve my business.

HUKIT

F* ks Given...Zero
Silver Member
I emailed Schon two months ago regarding a defective shaft on a new cue and still haven't heard back. I would say that anything past 72 hours is unacceptable in this day and age of technology.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Depends on the size of the operation.

If it's a one man show, allow extra time. Anyplace with an office staff, 24-48 hours for an initial reply.

YMMV

Sweatin'

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would you mind giving us a hint as to what category of pool equipment or accessories your order falls in?

There are a few vendors who are notoriously poor communicators yet still do a good job with product fulfillment.

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I'm buying from an 'iffy' vendor or think I'll need some customer support I'll first just send them some innocent question just to see if or how long it takes them to reply.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would you mind giving us a hint as to what category of pool equipment or accessories your order falls in?

There are a few vendors who are notoriously poor communicators yet still do a good job with product fulfillment.

Everyone on here loves their stuff. It's not a cue company or custom cue maker. I'm sure it's worth the wait. But really two emails. One 8 weeks ago and another last Wednesday. I have not heard a thing back.

I'm not here to bash anyone or talk trash. But it bugs me that in this decade of easy communication. That I can't get a simple reply back or even a acknowledgment that it's being worked on.

I guess the reason for posting was just to see what you guys considered acceptable. What would be considered bad customer service...

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
24h.

Any more and it's bad business.

I agree with this, 100 percent.

WIth the competition that's out there these days, you would think most business-minded people would practice good communication skills. I would be afraid of the service or product offered from a company that did not exercise good communication. Buyer beware, I say! ;)

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member

As mentioned above - a LOT depends on the person/organization. Some folks just aren't good at the "email" thing. Did you check their reputation before ordering? I'd give them a call; then reevaluate.