Bank shots

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can somebody explain why playing bank shots with a firm or hard shot makes the pockets play bigger? As result playing with firm hit you have to adjust the bank angle, due to cushion compression?
How you have to play if on the table many shots are rattled out?

I'm trying to improve my banks and found that the best bankers play with firm shots.

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can somebody explain why playing bank shots with a firm or hard shot makes the pockets play bigger? As result playing with firm hit you have to adjust the bank angle, due to cushion compression?

I'm trying to improve my banks and found that the best bankers play with firm shots.

When shooting a bank shot hard you need to use Gobble english so the pocket doesn't rattle out the ball but Gobbles it up.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member

Many of the reasons are explained on the advantages of fast speed banks resource page.

Enjoy,
Dave

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
There’s a certain speed, (may vary from table to table) where the angle in and the angle
out create a triangle that satisfies your mathematical mind.
Lower speed banks tend to bank long....at too high a speed, especially at a wide angle,
they will bank long again (airborne effect)....

So you try to find the speed that creates an equilateral triangle.