Female with 790 FargoRate

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
There is no question that if Mills played full time he would play stronger, and if Chen didn't she wouldn't play as strong. True. Absolutely true. And then Mills's rating would possibly be higher and Chen's would possibly be lower and we might not have had this conversation. It's also true that if Chen was hit by a bus she wouldn't win the match either.

But this match wasn't between these two potential imaginary people that could exist if the world were different. This was a match between two people that were here and now. With all baggage and earthly limitations attached. Gambling isn’t a measure of potential, it’a Measure of actualization. Donny called out Chen. She accepted. Many said her fargo rate was so high she wouldn't have a chance in reality. It didn't appear this was the case.

I wish I'd had enough notice to sweat this match, and I wish the format was longer as a race to 15 doesn't leave me feeling very satisfied. I would love to see her play longer sets against the likes of Cory or Billy. I know Donny is a rock solid player so if he wanted to rematch her that could be very cool as well. I believe in Donny but I think Chen is a beast. This is definitely an interesting road to go down!

If anyone thinks Chen got lucky....they can always re-issue.
...I don’t think she got lucky.