Am I too much of a spaz to use a magic rack...

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
or does anyone else find that they can get a tighter rack with a regular old wooden rack? I ordered the magic rack 8 and 9 ball templates and have been using them for a week, but I am finding that more times than not ,i have 1 or 2 balls that I can't get touching. I do not have the same problem with my wooden wal mart rack.

Maybe the magic rack is above my skill level...

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
or does anyone else find that they can get a tighter rack with a regular old wooden rack? I ordered the magic rack 8 and 9 ball templates and have been using them for a week, but I am finding that more times than not ,i have 1 or 2 balls that I can't get touching. I do not have the same problem with my wooden wal mart rack.

Did you get the real Magic Rack or the chinese copies? The copies are bad.

If the ball set is old and/or very low end or mismatched, the Magic Rack will not work very well. The Outsville Accu-Rack is better with ball sets that are not in good shape, it also does not quite lock up the balls as tight as the Magic Rack so the break is more like a standard rack break than the Magic Rack.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've helped a lot of people that have struggled with templates because they are trying to do the outer balls first. After you have put the first three balls up In a triangle shape at the top, always put the next ball in between two balls for the rest of the rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've helped a lot of people that have struggled with templates because they are trying to do the outer balls first. After you have put the first three balls up In a triangle shape at the top, always put the next ball in between two balls for the rest of the rack.

Not sure I am picturing what you are saying. The instructions said to put the top ball (one) followed by the ball at the bottom of the diamond, then to fill in from the top down...

I will play around with different sequences...

HoldemRw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hate magic racks personally seems much easier to make a ball on break with them but not my favorite rack. Delta Elite rack is best in business and will last well over your lifetime in my opinion

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I prefer the slightly larger wood racks like the diamond tables have, most places sell a copy of that rack for around $20 made from maple! The real diamond racks retail around $60

JRusso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I've had good luck with mine but the cloth is new and the balls are also in good shape. No doubt that if the balls were off in size due to differences in wear or set quality it wouldn't work. I would imagine that if you had a lot of wear in the cloth - indentations etc. you would struggle as well.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Did you get the real Magic Rack or the chinese copies? The copies are bad.

If the ball set is old and/or very low end or mismatched, the Magic Rack will not work very well. The Outsville Accu-Rack is better with ball sets that are not in good shape, it also does not quite lock up the balls as tight as the Magic Rack so the break is more like a standard rack break than the Magic Rack.

Yes. Get the Accu-Rack. I mostly use his 9 and 10 ball racks.
Made in USA too.

1sttbone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
vanilla and chocolate

been playing for sixty yrs, harvey martin invented the laminated shaft and magic rack is the best thing since chocolate syrup on vanilla ice-cream. perfect practice can only come close to being achieved because of the magic rack. as soon as i heard about the magic rack i bought some and have nothing but praise for in my opinion the best thing to happen to pool in many years. they are almost indestructible and will last for years with some normal care..good luck and play great!

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure I am picturing what you are saying. The instructions said to put the top ball (one) followed by the ball at the bottom of the diamond, then to fill in from the top down...

I will play around with different sequences...

People tend to want to do the outline like they're doing a puzzle and that causes problems. Always put the next ball in between two balls if you can.

Yotehntr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Their customer service is great though... I sent a picture of the gaps my magic rack was leaving and they said I'd have a replacement in 4 weeks.... then a couple months later he said he'd send it again... I think thats been 3 months ago. LOL

Slide paper under to show the gaps...

Magic%20Rack_zpsvmuzxz9z.jpg

Magic-Rack-zoom_zpsxubwjulc.jpg

Last edited:

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
Use a hole reinforcement sticker on the grove that is causing a problem. If it's mismatched balls that is your problem, you will have to always rack the odd ball in that position.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Their customer service is great though... I sent a picture of the gaps my magic rack was leaving and they said I'd have a replacement in 4 weeks.... then a couple months later he said he'd send it again... I think thats been 3 months ago. LOL

Slide paper under to show the gaps...

Magic%20Rack_zpsvmuzxz9z.jpg

Magic-Rack-zoom_zpsxubwjulc.jpg

That is exactly what i am getting. Granted, my balls are not brand brew, but they track fine in the wooden tack