IMG_20200511_191414.jpg
IMG_20200511_191758.jpg
IMG_20200511_191720.jpg
IMG_20200511_191958.jpg
IMG_20200511_192024.jpg

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the posts. I am always fascinated by how you guys assemble and repair cues.

ipoppa33

Shakedown Custom Rods
Silver Member
Questions??

That looks cool.
What model Palmer is that? What was wrong with it?
Thanks.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Makes no sense why Ray asked me to post his photo's and him not Post. I won't do this again for anyone.

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hay Mike

I love the purple cue in your avitar! You have always been helpful.
Stay safe,
Nick :)

cuewould

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Palmer restoration

Hello, let me first apologize to Mike , he was kind enough to take the time and post these pics and I really do appreciate it.Im sorry Mike I had no intention of neglecting this thread but I was called away. I hope this is coming through I’m using an iPhone for this. The Palmer was a custom job as the customer wanted no polyester swirl in it at all as I recall this would be in the mid 60s when the cue arrived the ring work was swirled but the main issue was the weight I believe the butt weighed 22oz as you can see by the steel rod in the handle.Also the cue was warped and short tapered . The cue was completely dismantled the weight was changed and so was the balance point , obviously.I am back now so I can answer any questions you may have. Thank you again Mr. Webb I hope you can forgive the oversight.

cuewould

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Palmer

I may the cue was also fitted with a predator bumper for an extension. I’ll try to find some pics.

CueCaps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool Project

First..
Thanks for Posting Michael.. :smile:

Ray, nice clean work and nice shop.
Lots of small details in the rebuild that needs attention, as ,
I can see from your photos and tech talk.

Lots of expectations that have to be met to be successful.

Takes balls to restore someone else's treasures.
The responsibility and liability is too much for me. > "No Balls" Alton :embarrassed2:.

Thanks for showing/telling us Ray and Michael..
Something to think about when admiring a Restored Vintage Classic..

Alton < Makes Toys :eek:

cuewould

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you

Alton, always a pleasure talking with you. Thank you for the kind words , the owner of the cue really was great about this whole thing the weight was so strange that once rebalanced it made a huge impression on me as far as what could be achieved. Still learning every day. I hope you are well . Stay healthy and thanks again....... Ray Weeks