Canadians 2013

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
Looks like a battle of Alberta on the A-side!
Dave Martin Jr from Calgary vs Brian Butler from Edmonton!

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
Yes very nice!
And Brian is representing Cuejos down there!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372254485.023148.jpg
This is as he's making the last 8 against Mario Morra

SpinDoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What happens when 2 non-Ontario guys are in the A-final of a CBSA event....let's stream the woman's match instead. Who did the lobotomy on the guy who chooses what the feature matches are?

*facepalm*

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
What happens when 2 non-Ontario guys are in the A-final of a CBSA event....let's stream the woman's match instead. Who did the lobotomy on the guy who chooses what the feature matches are?

*facepalm*

You ser are correct

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

*facepalm*

I think them putting the women's A side final was a good choice. I think it was the only women's match on the stream. Both Brian and Dave had been on the stream already (Dave twice? Three times?)

Dave is playing pretty strong, I didn't get to watch much of Brian playing yet.

You can guarantee the final will be streamed. I think it'll end up beig Dave vs Jason Klatt.

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member
Total fail, how could they not stream the Hotseat match. Not saying men are more important than women, but the quality of play for this match is light years beyond what was playing for the womens match.

I think it was NOT a good choice. Isn't streaming about what the viewers want to see and not making sure people have fair representation in front of a camera?

Last edited:

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Total fail, how could they not stream the Hotseat match. Not saying men are more important than women, but the quality of play for this match is light years beyond what was playing for the womens match.

I think it was NOT a good choice. Isn't streaming about what the viewers want to see and not making sure people have fair representation in front of a camera?

Have you ever made a donation to CBSA? Did you play any events? Was the stream PPV? Would you like a refund?

They only put on the one women's match, the men's matches have been on all week at every match time. I for one think it was a great idea for them to show that, especially if the men's final and women's finals are at the same time.

thewhiffer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd settle for them choosing any matches they want. Most are good and one more than I would see unless I went there. I would, however, like them to stream at the same level of quality as last year. Seems the equipment has been downgraded.

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member
Have you ever made a donation to CBSA? Did you play any events? Was the stream PPV? Would you like a refund?

They only put on the one women's match, the men's matches have been on all week at every match time. I for one think it was a great idea for them to show that, especially if the men's final and women's finals are at the same time.

WTF........ why don't you go right ahead and put me on the bad action list while your at it.

Has the CBSA ever come to me for a donation? hell no. however, I do believe some of my CCS league dues go to the CBSA for sanctioning fees. so how about a big gfys

When the CBSA actually becomes a national organization I'll think about supporting it.

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WTF........ why don't you go right ahead and put me on the bad action list while your at it.

Has the CBSA ever come to me for a donation? hell no. however, I do believe some of my CCS league dues go to the CBSA for sanctioning fees. so how about a big gfys

When the CBSA actually becomes a national organization I'll think about supporting it.

CCS membership doesn't go towards the CBSA. So there goes that idea.

You don't support them, don't play any events, don't pay for the stream and yet you deserve the right to complain because YOU didn't like their match choice?

CBSA has a link on their website for donations. They currently have a cue raffle for two OB cues (one of the sponsors) for becoming a 'friend of CBSA' ($20) the link to the PayPal info is right on the website and is very easy to do.

As for putting you on the bad action list, you'll have to be nominated by someone else. If I were to start a list entitled 'whiny baby, unappreciative, non supporter of CBSA and yet think they're owed something' I'll be sure to add you.

Thank you CBSA for showing the women's hot seat match so we could watch the men's final (on now)

SpinDoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CCS membership doesn't go towards the CBSA. So there goes that idea.

You don't support them, don't play any events, don't pay for the stream and yet you deserve the right to complain because YOU didn't like their match choice?

CBSA has a link on their website for donations. They currently have a cue raffle for two OB cues (one of the sponsors) for becoming a 'friend of CBSA' ($20) the link to the PayPal info is right on the website and is very easy to do.

As for putting you on the bad action list, you'll have to be nominated by someone else. If I were to start a list entitled 'whiny baby, unappreciative, non supporter of CBSA and yet think they're owed something' I'll be sure to add you.

Thank you CBSA for showing the women's hot seat match so we could watch the men's final (on now)

Now why, exactly, would anyone west of Ontario really want to show support for the CBSA? What efforts have they made to include anyone other than the standard crew of southern Ontario players? There are really good reasons that the turnout for the events are as terrible as they are and the CBSA has done NOTHING to correct any of them for more than a decade. The CBSA as it runs right now will never receive my support and I couldn't care less about the sub-par events they run every year.

It's probably better that the women were streaming anyway because the quality of the stream(of a national championship, none the less) was beyond horrific. Why even bother trying to put up a stream when it's just going do be done half-assed and border on unwatchable?

Pool survives in Canada in spite of the CBSA, most definitely NOT because of them...

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The CBSA is only as strong as the Provincial Associations.
.....and none of those are doing very good right now.
Coop can only work with what he's got.

And Shooters has had the Canadiann by default lately.
It started when the West made a late cancellation a few years ago.

The Championships has been held coast to coast in the past.

Who wants to step up and do better?

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member
The CBSA is only as strong as the Provincial Associations.
.....and none of those are doing very good right now.
Coop can only work with what he's got.

And Shooters has had the Canadiann by default lately.
It started when the West made a late cancellation a few years ago.

The Championships has been held coast to coast in the past.

Who wants to step up and do better?
What a pile of steaming cow dung. Are you doing anything? If you are great, if not who the hell are you to issue a challenge?

Give me a break, if you have a national organization responsible for making sure it has provincial support then make sure it gets done.

If you can't do that then it's a bad model and run thing centrally (like they defacto do now.)

If you get the idea that there's discontent out here in the west then your Fbombing right.

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now why, exactly, would anyone west of Ontario really want to show support for the CBSA? What efforts have they made to include anyone other than the standard crew of southern Ontario players? There are really good reasons that the turnout for the events are as terrible as they are and the CBSA has done NOTHING to correct any of them for more than a decade. The CBSA as it runs right now will never receive my support and I couldn't care less about the sub-par events they run every year.

It's probably better that the women were streaming anyway because the quality of the stream(of a national championship, none the less) was beyond horrific. Why even bother trying to put up a stream when it's just going do be done half-assed and border on unwatchable?

Pool survives in Canada in spite of the CBSA, most definitely NOT because of them...

Shooters and CPA Scarborough are the ones doing the live stream for the Canadians. They have an old machine and an old hand held camcorder. The snooker stream looks to be great, HD cam, scoring module, someone in the booth at all times.

Cooper isn't responsible for the stream, that's for sure.

As far as it being an Ontario tournament, look at the location. Shooters is by far the best around here for a venue short of using multiple sites and having the people playing snooker and 9ft games complain like crazy.

Here is my open offer to CBSA. I have a LOT of free time, I'd like to think my reputation speaks for itself (I'm a jerk, an honest, call em as I see em, don't candy coat anything jerk) and I would do anything I could to make the Canadians a success. I'll offer anything that CBSA needs that I am able to help with. Whether it be someone to set up a live stream for next year, to run scheduled qualifiers all year, to help look for an alternate venue, to help with scheduling, I'll volunteer to be a referee, I'll polish the racks at the end of the day, whatever.

Open offer, tell me what I can do to help. If I have to set the whole thing up, I will do my best.

SteveC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dan You Are On

Dan - I will take you up on your offer. I will contact you in Sept. as soon as we get 2014 ironed out.

Provincial quailifiers in ON all year would be huge. An improved pool stream would be large as well.

Some Provinces such as NB NS AB are doing better than some will give credit to.

For the ones that like to call the event the Ontario Championships, I have no respect for. Around half the 9-Ball field are not from ON. 6 from NB 3 from NS 4 from AB, 2 from QC. When the Championships were in Eastern Canada for a ten year period during the 90ties, they could have been called the Eastern Canadian Championships, because half the field were QC & East, but they were not.

Yes the Championships have been in same venue since 2008 because our options have been very limited.

pt109 - You have been around. You know the ins & outs. Thank you for your support.

Enough for now....gotta run.

kanecalgary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMO, you would get at least double, probably triple the entries if it was held in Alberta. The #1 venue in AB is The Corner Pocket located in Red Deer. They have 3 Riley's, 10 Diamond 9fts and 10 Diamond 7fts. Great owners and an awesome hall.

Please consider moving it west for 2014 or 2015, we're starving out here!

thewhiffer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMO, you would get at least double, probably triple the entries if it was held in Alberta. The #1 venue in AB is The Corner Pocket located in Red Deer. They have 3 Riley's, 10 Diamond 9fts and 10 Diamond 7fts. Great owners and an awesome hall.

Please consider moving it west for 2014 or 2015, we're starving out here!

Do it and I'm in. (note: I live 20 minutes from the current location and have not entered)

jaycast16

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shooters and CPA Scarborough are the ones doing the live stream for the Canadians. They have an old machine and an old hand held camcorder. The snooker stream looks to be great, HD cam, scoring module, someone in the booth at all times.

Cooper isn't responsible for the stream, that's for sure.

As far as it being an Ontario tournament, look at the location. Shooters is by far the best around here for a venue short of using multiple sites and having the people playing snooker and 9ft games complain like crazy.

Here is my open offer to CBSA. I have a LOT of free time, I'd like to think my reputation speaks for itself (I'm a jerk, an honest, call em as I see em, don't candy coat anything jerk) and I would do anything I could to make the Canadians a success. I'll offer anything that CBSA needs that I am able to help with. Whether it be someone to set up a live stream for next year, to run scheduled qualifiers all year, to help look for an alternate venue, to help with scheduling, I'll volunteer to be a referee, I'll polish the racks at the end of the day, whatever.

Open offer, tell me what I can do to help. If I have to set the whole thing up, I will do my best.

I guess this is what everyone should be doing.we need guys like Dan who is willing to step up to make this event more successful.i believe this is what Coop needs right now.he needs someone who will stand with him do whatever it takes to make things more significant to every player.