Bustamante vs Chohan-One Pocket Money Match-June 16-18th. Who do you guys like ?

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
it's hard to compare eras though. watching efren, cliff, daulton, etc in their prime got me hooked on 1p and much can be said about the finesse moving game back then vs power one pocket now. i for one think the game has evolved. for example, the standard counter break defence shot back then was to draw of the ball below the side pocket, down the rail to the corner. seldom seen now in top 1p where attacking response is preferred. efren paved the way but i think a prime efren would be in deep trouble against an alex or a dennis now

I'm gonna disagree :D.
Efren was in a realm, that these guys don't even know exist.
He would still be horse ****inem if he were 20 yrs younger.

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it's hard to compare eras though. watching efren, cliff, daulton, etc in their prime got me hooked on 1p and much can be said about the finesse moving game back then vs power one pocket now. i for one think the game has evolved. for example, the standard counter break defence shot back then was to draw of the ball below the side pocket, down the rail to the corner. seldom seen now in top 1p where attacking response is preferred. efren paved the way but i think a prime efren would be in deep trouble against an alex or a dennis now

GOAT should really be spelled GOTE. Greatest of Their Era. Everything else is subjective.

I am still partial to Efren as he did things no one else at the time saw. I am inclined to still think that is the case.

That aside I think that GOTE is the fairest thing we can do. JMO