AZB lost a good member today

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
Curly - I sent you a couple of private messages. Please respond when you are able.

Busbee Cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This was some very sad news. Steve was a good friend, he will be greatly missed. God bless him and his family.

Jenn

Registered
I want to thank everyone for your kind words and condolences and to apologize for not being here sooner. I've been having problems with my Chron's disease.

Dad never talked to me about any medical problems he's had in the past. At least to me, he would only admit he was sick if I could hear or see that he was sick, so I'm really not sure when dad starting having his back pain. I want to thank Curly for talking him into finally going to the VA (I know it must of taken him a good couple of months to do that) and for threating/blackmailing my dad into calling me and letting me know. From what I understand, Curly was going to call me himself and let me know what was going on and from what ever was said, dad finally told me mid February and on the 22nd I took him to Ann Arbor VA. We were there for a couple of tests and once they (and I) found out about the mass on his lower spine, they wanted to admit him that day. The following Monday he was moved to the CLC (Community Living Center) and started the first of 10 radiation treatments and physical therapy and was able to come back home on March 20. We did talk about him moving in with me and the plan was (so I thought) for him to move in Easter weekend, but vetoed that the week before and wanted to move in on the 20th. When i called him again after work on last Tuesday, he told me that he was having problems moving around again and that he wanted to move in now which he did the next day. He did say that he was having a better day moving around a bit. Thursday didn't start out as a good day, but the end of the night he was able to get up on his own and move around a bit.

I do know that there have been some questions about donations. I don't have a paypal account and won't be able to get one until after my card expires this June. You can send any donations to Curly using his paypal account.

As for a funeral, he didn't want one, but I do plan on having a get together to celebrate his life and his love of the game at Sands West. I was hoping that it would be this weekend, but it looks like it might be next weekend. I'm still trying to talk to our old boss about it. For those that live in town or close by, Curly will let you know the date (on a Sat) and time.

Curly did explain to me about the Hall of Fame and I know that dad would be honored and humble about it. I want to thank those that nominated/suggested he be added.

For those who don't know, he did serve in Viet Nam from June 69 to sometime in 70 as a SP4, Company A, 2D Battalion (Mechnized), 2D Infantry, 1st Infantry Division. As he mentioned on his Veterans Day thread, he was a 50 cal gunner on a M113. He did receive the Army Commendation Medal and the Bronze Star. I"m sure fellow Vets will understand that dad never talked about Nam (at least with me), but if anyone does know why or how he received the medals would it be possible if you could let me know. I'm not sure if it's known or not, but my dad left my mother a couple of months after he came back home in 71 and knowing how she is, I don't blame him at all. She tried to control him and his life after we got back from Fort Riley. I'm sorry, but that's something you just don't do when a vet comes home from war. I did see him when I was 12 & 16 (watched him skydive). Summer of 88 is when I really got to know him. I was at Sands one day and there he was hopping along on his crutches (busted ankle from skydiving). 3 months later I moved in with him on my 19 b-day and he's been in my life ever since. He was a great man and the best father anyone could ever want and I'm forever thankful for the day I ran into him at Sands.

I do want everyone to know that one of the last things he said to me as we said goodnight, was that he had to check his email and check out the fourms. He wanted to know the latest of what was going on in the world of pool.

Again, I thank you for your kind words, condolences and thoughts and prayers.

the420trooper

Free T-Rex
Silver Member
I liked sde. I had noticed that he hadn't been posting, but had no idea this was why. Sucks.

RIP brother. One more soldier down.

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
I want to thank everyone for your kind words and condolences and to apologize for not being here sooner. I've been having problems with my Chron's disease.

Dad never talked to me about any medical problems he's had in the past. At least to me...

Hi Jenn,

You made me cry. My dad was much the same way. He didn't really complain too much about his pain. We were best friends. He died in 2001. He was also a veteran and although proud of his time in the service, he didn't speak of it, either. Regardless, you brought back a lot of good memories and I thank you for that.

I am going to send you a pm. I could use a little help from you, if possible.

steveinflorida

Silver Member
Please accept my heart felt condolences. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend. May he rest in peace.