PPV April 17-19 White Diamond Billiards Super 9 Ball.

cajunbarboxplyr

Beatem down wit a Varney
Silver Member
The problem that is creeping into your streams..the ones I pay for to watch pool playing is this:
You advertise the events to begin at a certain time and then I have to watch an hour or so of some babbling guy at a microphone doing a Calcutta.
I didn't pay to see that...I paid to see pool shooting.
You better clean this up or be more specific in your pitches or you're going to lose more paying customers than just me...and I've been buying from you for quite a few years.
No regards,
Flash
Obviously not if you are just now noticing the "babbling guy on the microphone".... willing to bet you also didn't know that most of the people that pay to watch this event... do it exclusively to watch Chris Miller do the calcutta..... Nice Try tho

GoldenFlash

Banned
Obviously not if you are just now noticing the "babbling guy on the microphone".... willing to bet you also didn't know that most of the people that pay to watch this event... do it exclusively to watch Chris Miller do the calcutta..... Nice Try tho
I do not know who Chris Miller is and furthermore I do not care.
I do not care what "what most people" pay to watch and furthermore I do not care.
I pay to watch guys shoot pool.
I think customers should be advised that a portion of the time purchased is going into "the big show with Miller" or other babblers and microphone "wanna-be's" or Barry Berhman types.
Also the prices should reflect that issue as well as providing another buying option posted for those who want to avoid "the big show with Miller" or other babblers.
But, I guess it's about what's to be expected from a pack of pool players:shakehead:
I have a list of 13 people who agree with me.
:boring2:

cajunbarboxplyr

Beatem down wit a Varney
Silver Member
Still trying to figure out your issue here...

Was advertised the event starting at 10am.....Calcutta part of the event......

GoldenFlash

Banned
You must be new to this huh
I am nobody...absolutely nobody.
But I am a customer of his (which is none of your business in the first place) and I have spent a lot of money with him.
That gives me the right to whine and complain about the product or service...24/7 if I choose to do so.
You have the right to put me on the ignore setting....which will end your concerns about what I say. I suggest you proceed. ;)

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great players fighting for some big money

Capture 1.JPG

Capture.JPG

Mrdodd72

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The problem that is creeping into your streams..the ones I pay for to watch pool playing is this:
You advertise the events to begin at a certain time and then I have to watch an hour or so of some babbling guy at a microphone doing a Calcutta.
I didn't pay to see that...I paid to see pool shooting.
You better clean this up or be more specific in your pitches or you're going to lose more paying customers than just me...and I've been buying from you for quite a few years.
No regards,
Flash

Must be trolling. Anyone who has ever heard of this tourney understands the Calcutta is what put this event on the map. Many more than 13 would be upset if they cut out the auction.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I go to Olathe i know going in that the calcutta is a MAJOR part of the tournament. Do i ask the room owner or director for some free food or drinks because i had to sweat the "C", hell no. That dude needs to un-wad his panties and relax. Rock-on boys, i wish i was there.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Must be trolling. Anyone who has ever heard of this tourney understands the Calcutta is what put this event on the map. Many more than 13 would be upset if they cut out the auction.

Bingo. We have a winner.

Ray

GoldenFlash

Banned
Bingo. We have a winner.
Ray
Why oh why do you pool players have such trouble with reading comprehension?
Nobody is suggesting "cutting out the calcuttas"...not once have I said that.
You can Calcutta yourselves to death, all night, and all day...24/7 for all I care.
My complaint is simply the timing issue.
The seller's website says one thing about starting time and then (as usual) it gets started late and 2-3 hours are tied up with your Calcutta before the pool shooting gets going.
I think the seller should state in the advertising that the calcuttas will probably take up 2-3 hours and because of that, for the people who don't want to access their paid for content....they get the opportunity to buy for less and not be allowed access until the Calcutta is over.
That's all I meant and nothing else. For crying out loud, when you guys get a contrary opinion to "the way we always did it", you go haywire like a bunch of children.
For what it's worth though, it's kind of dumb to be posting all the money that's won and all the gambling that's going on over the web. How much tax has been paid on it?
Sooner or later someone's pissed off wife or someone who's a heavy loser is going to report all that stuff to the IRS for revenge and the feds will sweep through those tournaments and send a lot of people to jail in a replica of what happened to Johnston City action years ago. I been there.......you won't like it.
And I hate the IRS WAYYYYY more than you do.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
You can Calcutta yourselves to death, all night, and all day...24/7 for all I care.
The seller's website says one thing about starting time and then (as usual) it gets started late and 2-3 hours are tied up with your Calcutta before the pool shooting gets going.
I think the seller should state in the advertising that the calcuttas will probably take up 2-3 hours and because of that, for the people who don't want to access their paid for content....they get the opportunity to buy for less and not be allowed access until the Calcutta is over.
That's all I meant and nothing else. For crying out loud, when you guys get a contrary opinion to "the way we always did it", you go haywire like a bunch of children.
For what it's worth though, it's kind of dumb to be posting all the money that's won and all the gambling that's going on over the web. How much tax has been paid on it?
Sooner or later someone's pissed off wife or someone who's a heavy loser is going to report all that stuff to the IRS for revenge and the feds will sweep through those tournaments and send a lot of people to jail in a replica of what happened to Johnston City action years ago. I been there.......you won't like it.

and that's your reason for making fun of Chris Miller? You say you have been watching the show for a long time but you have never heard of Chris Miller and his auction?

We have done the White Diamond tournament the same way for 6 yrs except now the auction, which is legal in Louisiana, is now private. If you don't like the calcutta, simply pop in, get the schedule, and pop out till the tournament starts.

We stayed LIVE all night and the 2nd calcutta will start soon. 32 players. Play will begin after that. We don't know the exact time as most amateur tournaments do not run on a schedule.

Please send us you paypal name so we can send you a refund.

Ray

Last edited:

Mrdodd72

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

"Us" pool players seem to comprehend quite well. Bigtruck advertised the "event" start time, and made no claim it was the start of play. "Us" pool players seem to be well informed as to the nature of this event, even if you are new to this particular event, a cursory look into the tournament would have saved you the surprise of the auction being streamed. Anyone can read that the responses to your whining posts were much less childish than your ad hominem attacks on Chris Miller and the event. Ray and Chris are helping to grow billiards. What the hell have you done, besides behave in an ungrateful and petulant manner?

GoldenFlash

Banned
and that's your reason for making fun of Chris Miller? You say you have been watching the show for a long time but you have never heard of Chris Miller and his auction?
We have done the White Diamond tournament the same way for 6 yrs except now the auction, which is legal in Louisiana, is now private. If you don't like the calcutta, simply pop in, get the schedule, and pop out till the tournament starts.
We stayed LIVE all night and the 2nd calcutta will start soon. 32 players. Play will begin after that. We don't know the exact time as most amateur tournaments do not run on a schedule.
Please send us you paypal name so we can send you a refund.
Ray
No refund is required or desired.
I guess your solution of getting the schedule and waiting for the pool shooting part of the tournament to start is a sound answer. I will do that on future purchases
Apparently more of your customers enjoy the frivolity in the Calcutta than I do and if I was streaming the tourney, I'd do the same thing and cater to the majority.
(it fascinates me how angry some of those pool enthusiasts can get over such a trivial little complaint, however.)
Life goes on.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Total payout with calcuttas and tournament $92,925:

Wow new record Total payout with calcuttas and tournament $92,925:

Capture  22.jpg

Last edited:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
congrats to Jamie Baraks winner of White Daimond big money 9 ball