Music city open

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What makes sky really good in barbox? I mean, he's also good in 9ft table but not that good, why doesn't his game carry from the barbox into the 9ft table is actually what I am trying to ask.

Qaddiction

User name says it all...
Silver Member
What makes sky really good in barbox? I mean, he's also good in 9ft table but not that good, why doesn't his game carry from the barbox into the 9ft table is actually what I am trying to ask.

Not that good? I definitely have him as the 2nd best player in the US right now. I don't care what size table he is playing on. His game has really seemed to elevate in the last year or so. I would say that's pretty damn good!

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not that good? I definitely have him as the 2nd best player in the US right now. I don't care what size table he is playing on. His game has really seemed to elevate in the last year or so. I would say that's pretty damn good!

yea man, maybe I mispoke...he's a great player in 9ft! one of my favs. but here's the thing.

If you watched the music city, he was on another level from the top players that we know in the 9ft, he seemed like unstoppable even by dennis and busty or anyone in that level.

however on the 9ft table, he's really good, but then he doesn't beat dennis and busty by that margin, e.g. 11 to 3 etc, so there's something to that.

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
i also went to the Music City this year (1st timer), and witnessed the 11-0 over Buste from just a few feet away. Sky is GREAT on any table for sure, but on a barbox he seemed to be in a different class than anyone else there. Sure, Buste and Dennis won the other events there, but Sky really did seem like a lock to win the main tourney....

As for the tournament experience itself....
it was different than most of the bigger ones I've been to. I'm used to the hugeness of the Derby, and this was definitely not that (no europeans, russians, etc.). This was more like a big local tournament with a buncha killers (with the ability to string racks into the double digits). Met a couple of players that I've never met before (James Davee for example, was a pleasure to meet, other than craning my neck to look up to the guy), and was really impressed by their games. All in all a good time, but not playing much if any 9 ball, barbox or otherwise, I knew I was likely in for a drubbing. But, being proven right, I still had a fun time at the Music City. Thanks to all at JOBs for putting on the event, and making a long drive worth it to this pool aficionado.